Question How to get hi definition picture with Dish connected by Coaxial cable

Nov 29, 2022
We have Dish TV and recently changed to the Hopper. We have a complex setup with 11 tv's and are mirroring some. When we built our house, it was wired with coaxial to every tv location.
The majority of our tv's are 17 years old and we are starting to replace them with Hi Def but the picture quality is not hi def and it does not fill the screen (set to normal). This tv location is being mirrored. The Dish installer used 2 RF modulators at the receiver and wonder if this is part of the problem since the modulator most likely is to convert the signal for the older tv's. Do I need a specific modulator for the hi def tv to convert the coaxial to hi def? We have one hi def tv next to the hopper and I see that it is directly connected with an HDMI cable so that picture is good.

are you sure that dish TV channel is HD? not all are, some are SD and some shows are not HD and not 16:9 but 4:3 cause of the age of these shows
Is the picture quality in the hopper set to 4k or 1080p or else?

why are the HD TVs not using the dish receivers network?

Nov 29, 2022
That is a good point. I do not see any channels displaying full screen. I have one receiver and I presume it is set to 4K as I have 2 other 4K tvs that are fine. We had these tvs at the time they installed the hopper so thinking the modulator at the receiver is converting the signal and maybe that's what I need at each 4K. Of course one tv is directly plugged into the receiver with an hdmi cable.

Nov 29, 2022
Now that we've had the tv for a few days, I see that the mainstream channels like abc, cbs, nbc have a high def picture but does not fill the screen. Other channels vary on graininess. Dish says we would need a joey at each tv but we're changing out all our tvs and don't want to spend that kind of money on joeys. I do have 2 high def tvs linked with an actiontec transmitter/receiver. That works. Maybe could use those. It isn't perfect as often times needs rebooting. We are told to stream but Century Link is unreliable where we live. We don't have other internet options so are considering Starlink. Any thoughts on that?

adding joeys won´t be a good thing for your 11 TVs, only 7TVs are supported, even if you would get these.

We are told to stream but Century Link is unreliable where we live
streaming is not necessary over the internet, you can stream directly inside your home network by using the hopper you´ve got, I think.

Please post a picture of your TV not filling the screen, might be a settings problem inside the hopper