myselfx1

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
Hi guys. I recently moved house and now have terrible internet connection so i'm unable to play multiplayer games with my friends. I dusted off my old ps3 and have started playing on it again. I still want to talk to my friends however they have a strict policy on background noise so i cant play sound through my tv.

I'm looking for a solution to this problem and i'm completely stumped.

Heres what I have: AV cable from the ps3, my headphones are connected to my pc via 3.5mm jack, my motherboard does'nt have a flexiport, Realtek audio manager, ps3 is connecter to tv via HDMI cable, I use discord to talk to my friends(not sure if important).

Hope this gets resolved soon.

Solution
My HTPC serves as audio preamp out to an amplifier I built. As such, I route my PS3 sound through my PC. I have a Claro Halo sound card which has an optical in. True, the optical PCM from PS3 only puts out 2.1 channels, but JRiver does a good job of upmixing to 5.1. Plus, most of my gaming is on the PC. I'm not sure how many other sound cards out there have an optical input, but it's worth a look.

duckandchicken

Estimable
May 19, 2015
connect your headphone to tv most tv have 3.5 out for headphone ..seem you use pc for chat (skype) you have to make or buy an extend cord for mic port then. sound form ps3 to tv to headphone, mic to pc. config the mic volume and boost value you may get almost no background sound
strick policy :D ok it but at low volume and the mic close to you, far from tv...mean no background sound

myselfx1

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016

I can see how that could work. Unfortunately my TV doesnt have a headphone jack on it. Also I want to be able to hear them talking too.

GuybrushT2

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
My HTPC serves as audio preamp out to an amplifier I built. As such, I route my PS3 sound through my PC. I have a Claro Halo sound card which has an optical in. True, the optical PCM from PS3 only puts out 2.1 channels, but JRiver does a good job of upmixing to 5.1. Plus, most of my gaming is on the PC. I'm not sure how many other sound cards out there have an optical input, but it's worth a look.

Solution