how to get rid of virus treats from my galaxy tab 3

Nans

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
My galaxy tab 3 says I have an application threat, I already deleted all the applications that I downloaded to my tablet. And I have the Webroot antivirus program but when I try to clean it or scan it, wont get rid of the virus it says application cant be uninstalled I have tried quarantine button but it wont show anything it just says device at risk

i have tried to download other antivirus program from the play store but it detects them like Trojan threats
should I restart the tablet would that get rid of the threats?

Solution
Webroot may simply be throwing up "false positives", especially if it's telling you that new downloads from the Play Store are also infected, that's very unlikely. I don't know anyone who's spoken to me about virus troubles on their Android device, and I know quite a few friends all with Galaxy or Xperia models.

I suppose it depends where you get your apps from though, and whether or not you've installed any modded OS versions from dubious sources. none of which applies to me. Strictly official OS versions & Play Store apps for me, I've "bricked" too many devices by meddling!

There's an independent, comparative test of Android-compatible AV apps here, maybe you should try an alternative to Webroot, one that's low on false positives...
Webroot may simply be throwing up "false positives", especially if it's telling you that new downloads from the Play Store are also infected, that's very unlikely. I don't know anyone who's spoken to me about virus troubles on their Android device, and I know quite a few friends all with Galaxy or Xperia models.

I suppose it depends where you get your apps from though, and whether or not you've installed any modded OS versions from dubious sources. none of which applies to me. Strictly official OS versions & Play Store apps for me, I've "bricked" too many devices by meddling!

There's an independent, comparative test of Android-compatible AV apps here, maybe you should try an alternative to Webroot, one that's low on false positives: http://beranger.org/2014/04/18/false-positives-and-other-annoyances-in-android-security-apps/

Solution