How to get Samsung play audio from UN32EH4003FXHA television through a home stereo system?

jimmy.kumana

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
My TV has a toslink connection on the back, but it is labeled ExLink. When I plug in the headphone jack, there is no sound. If I try to send a signal as input from ExLink to my receiver aux input (RCA jacks), againthere is no sound. Is the toslink jack defective, or have I misunderstood what ExLink does?

ExLink to a diagnostic port and does use a 3.5mm plug but it doesn't output audio.
Toslink is a fiber optic connection that doesn't use a 3.5mm plug.
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Digital-Optical-Audio-Toslink/dp/B00NH11H38
If your TV does have optical audio out it would be labeled as such. If it does then you will need an optical to analog converter to connect the receiver. Check the TV manual on how to use it.
If the TV doesn't have any audio outputs then you can't connect it to the receiver without modifying the TV which would void the warranty.

jimmy.kumana

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
Thank you AmerAudiophile. I suspected thyat what you said was the case, but thanks for the confirmation. I will have to live with poor sound until the TV breaks down. Can't understand why Samsung would make/sell a TV without an audio output connection - they could not be saving more than 1 dollar in manufacturing cost. I am sure they could have cut their advertizing budget by the same amount, and earned customer loyalty that would have been far more valuable and profitable. Stupid accountants were probably responsible f0r this destructive decision.

Andy_123

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017
My answer sucks, but I connected my stereo to my tv with Bluetooth and play the audio through the stereo. My stereo was not BT enabled so I had to purchase a BT "deal" that you plug into the stereo to get BT capabilities.
I'm really disappointed there is no other way to output the audio with so many options that are baked in the tv. There isn't the need to connect a cable box any longer, we use the apps on our tv's. And want to play audio through the stereo!

TRENDING THREADS