How to hook up hd cable box hd tv and dvdvcr recorder

jumpingjackie

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
How do I hook up dc550d hd cable box with panasonic hd tv, and panasonic dvd/vcr recorder. I am a complete novice at this stuff!!!

Thanks

1. Connect Cable box to TV with HDMI cable
2. Connect DVD/VCR to TV with HDMI or if not available component video and audio cables. Note that some DVD/VCR will not feed the VCR through these so you may need to use composite video and audio.
3. If you want to use the VCR for recording connect the Antenna/RF output of the cable box using a cable with F connectors at both ends to the Antenna input on the VCR and record on channel 3 or 4.

jumpingjackie

Distinguished
May 28, 2011

Sorry for delay in replying have been out of town. I,m sorry but diagrams mean nothing to me, as I don't know the type of cable indicated. As I said I am a complete novice at this stuff.

jumpingjackie

Distinguished
May 28, 2011

Sorry for the delay in replying but have been ouy of town. I tried it the above way, but I do not have a antenna out on the cable box, only the cable from the wall going into the box. The tv is connected directly by hd cable from the box to the tv.

All I am getting at the moment when I try to record to the vhs is a message "cannot record to VHS via DV input". As I said I am a complete idiot at this sort of thing. (as a retired dental hygienist I have no problem when it comes to dental problems but put something technical in front of me and I'm lost).