how to hook up my basic cable to my flat screen

dbriluv

Estimable
Apr 17, 2014
I just purchased a sabre flat screen from a friend but there is no hook up for my basic cable what do I need without going out and actually buying a cable box

Is it an internet connectable TV? If so it should pick up your household wifi.

Has the TV got an ethernet connection port? If so, you can run an ethernet cable from your router.

Do you want to get TV programs? Then you'll have to pay and get a cable box (decoder).

Sgarciav

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014

So is the Sabre flat screen just a display for the computer or a TV in itself? If it is a TV it should have a coaxial connector. Is your cable service delivered through a coax cable? (Kind of silly question, but I have been surprised in the past).

If your flat screen is just a computer monitor then it is not possible to connect it to your basic cable service unless you get some other device that will accept the cable signal and have an output compatible with the flat screen. Of course, going into overkill mode, you can always connect the screen to a computer and get one of those TV capture devices. Doing this you connect the cable to the TV capture device, this device to the PC and the PC to the flat screen. Kind of seems like a lot of work just to get your flat screen to work with your cable service.

Moving out of overkill mode, maybe this will help? But it assumes you have a cable box.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-an-LCD-Monitor-as-a-TV-without-a-Computer/

Regards