Solved! How to Hook Up Taotronics Bluetooth Transmitter with Home Theater System

AspenQn

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015
I am trying to figure out how to hook up the Taotronics Bluetooth Transmitter TT-BA09 to my Home Theater system (Samsung 60E550 Plasma TV & Samsung HWD7000 A/V Receiver with Blu-Ray) so that I can utilize a set of Cowin E7 Pro Bluetooth headphones.

My television is wall mounted downstairs on the fireplace, and was installed as part of new construction which we had prewired for our A/V system to be upstairs in an A/V closet. The Samsung A/V receiver is connected to the Directv Genie HDVR and a combo VHS/Blu-Ray player which are all housed upstairs in the A/V closet. The tv has the IR/RF connections to the receiver and all of the internet is hardwired for maximum fiber optic gig service.

I first tried connecting the bluetooth transmitter directly to the tv with the supplied digital optical connection (transmitter comes with the following cables:
  • OPTICAL + 3.5mm: You get maximum flexibility with support for both 3.5mm (AUX and RCA) and optical (TOSLINK) digital, both input and output are supported.
Bluetooth paired but no sound with the optical set up so it was suggested that I try plugging into the headphone jack of the upstairs receiver. I could not get the transmitter and the headphones to pair with this set up.

I'm at a loss so looking for suggestions.

Solution
The receiver may be too far from the headphones for them to pair. A different transmitter might have more range.
If the receiver doesn't send audio to the TV speakers then there is no audio from the TV to output.
If the receiver sends audio to the TV speakers then did you set the TV optical output to PCM stereo. The transmitter won't accept bitstream 5.1.
The receiver may be too far from the headphones for them to pair. A different transmitter might have more range.
If the receiver doesn't send audio to the TV speakers then there is no audio from the TV to output.
If the receiver sends audio to the TV speakers then did you set the TV optical output to PCM stereo. The transmitter won't accept bitstream 5.1.

Solution