How to install apps (games) to Android phone's external memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srishti93

Estimable
May 11, 2014
I recently bought a Sony xperia SP (Android 4.1.2), so far all the games I have installed are in internal memory and now I don't have too much space left in internal memory. Can I install games in my external memory card WITHOUT ROOTING ?

Srishti93

Estimable
May 11, 2014

I cant see the "main installation location " option in my storage settings

danilovrb47

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
You should look for something similar, e.g. "Preffered Install Location" or "Default Install Location". I'm not entirely sure it's in storage settings, you should also check application settings.

Srishti93

Estimable
May 11, 2014

thanks for your help. I have checked the "apps" option in settings, couldn't find it.. will look elsewhere later.

barel0702500

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
Bro, Go to Settings<Storage<First option you can see must be "Default write disk" if, there is a such opt. then change it to sd card and it's done. If there is no such option then no choice left except rooting the device. This is an optional feature Company might gave you to install apps on sd card.

jhayezildjian

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

The default write disk of my phone is already in the external... But still it won't install apps on the external

efdhbj

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

and me too i cant see wena , its juat hard my friend

Niyaz Mohamed

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015

Niyaz Mohamed

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015
thatsa simple work go to settings-apps then click which item to store u r memory card click that game or app. for example i need to move on temple run click then force stop scroll down and click move to sd card or external memory thats it;)

RaeRae1991

Estimable
May 26, 2015
I have the same prob...there's no settings of any kind on my storage page. I tried long pressing on everything and hit the menu button but nothing. It pisses me off because ytf would u come out with a phone of not even 3gb of internal storage, And then on top of that u make it where u can't even save shit on ur sd card that you're forced to purchase because not only is it not even 3gb i only have abt 300mb left and that's because the default apps that u cant delete and the OS ..I have a 32gb card though.

I have one last thing I'm going to try...i have the Google chrome internet and just the regular Internet (looks like world) in my regular internet
In the settings under advanced it says select download solution. I'm going to try this on Google chrome...being android is Google, play store is Google, and obviously google chrome..lol I'll be back to give an update shortly...

RaeRae1991

Estimable
May 26, 2015
OOk..i went all through the chrome settings. There was a page that said executable path and profile path, but they're shaded out i tried multi-tapping on both of them (like u do for developer options) nothing. I actually sent an email explaining the issue. We'll see what happens from there.

Jun 12, 2015

Terry_18

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016

tuffguppy

Commendable
Oct 3, 2016
I have a Samsung S5 with android 6.0.1 installed. I have recently updated the OS when the automatic updates appeared on my phone. It used to be easier to transfer apps to the memory card from internal phone memory. Some apps will let you do the following to move them to your memory card.

1. tap the settings 'gear' icon
2. scroll down until you find app manager - tap app manager
3. tap the app you want to move. (I just moved Instagram)
4. tap on storage
5. if the "change" option is available tap it (if "change" is not available, the storage location can't be changed)
6. select the storage location, internal storage or SD card
7. select SD card to move the app out of your phone's internal memory
8. select "move" on the next screen to move the app to your selected location

Not all apps allow you to change the storage location and the option to change the location is not available.

Kingmdr

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

dutchpocolo

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

Many thanks, this solved my problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.