how to listen to the radio in the receiver, Pioneer VSX-S520D, by using the Samsung HW-K960

leifbjerk

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Have a Samsung UE55 KS7005 hooked up to a Pioneer VSX-S520D receiver.
Problem is that I cannot make a connection that let me listen to the radio.
The receiver has an optical port, but it is for in traffic, not out.
Is there a solution to this, or do I have to live with one set of speakers to listen to radio, and another to watch films & TV?
HELP appreciated.

Solution

That one HDMI connector is all that you need for everything including your DVD/Blu Ray player, cable box, radio/tuner and aux. You do not need any other connector.
Do you have an antenna connected to the receiver? Most receivers have an AM antenna but require an external FM antenna.
If you just can't get an radio channels you can use internet radio. Cheapest way is to use an Amazon Echo Dot, Better but more expensive would be to use a Sonos Connect or Denon Heos Link.

leifbjerk

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

leifbjerk

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Thank you for responding, but the problem is the loudspeaker connections. I bought a Samsung soundbar HW-K960 as mentioned in the header of my question, so to listen to radio transmissions I have to use my old (very old) speakers because I cannot figure out how to connect the soundbar to the receiver

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016

So you can not get any audio out of your sound bar at all? Not even DVD or Blu Ray audio? Take the sound bar back.

leifbjerk

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

leifbjerk

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
The soundbar works fine with HDMI-connected sources, such as TV and DVD/Blu Ray. The problem is how to connect to the soundbar so that I can listen to radio from the receiver. The Pioneer VSX-S520 has no line out connectors except 1 HDMI

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016

That one HDMI connector is all that you need for everything including your DVD/Blu Ray player, cable box, radio/tuner and aux. You do not need any other connector.

Solution