How to move apps to sd card on my Vivo V55L

Abhittal

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
Hey, i was recently trying to move some of the apps in my internal storage to the sd card but i don't see any option like "change" when i go to the application and click on storage. I checked evrywhere else but couldn't find the solution to this. Can you help me with this, please?

Solution
First, your phone must be running Android "Marshmallow". Second, your device must not have been restricted by the manufacturer. If it was, then the options just won't be there. There is nothing anyone can do about this. It would be something the manufacturer did. Which happens way more often than you would think. The instructions to make the change are below. Again, if you are missing any of the items listed, then the manufacturer restricted this option on your device and you would have to talk to them.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and...

Abhittal

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
Wrt the above thread i would also notify that, It is having the android marshmallow with a version 6.0.1 . Also, after reading a similar thread like this, I'm not getting any 3 dot button at the top right corner unded the storage section.

First, your phone must be running Android "Marshmallow". Second, your device must not have been restricted by the manufacturer. If it was, then the options just won't be there. There is nothing anyone can do about this. It would be something the manufacturer did. Which happens way more often than you would think. The instructions to make the change are below. Again, if you are missing any of the items listed, then the manufacturer restricted this option on your device and you would have to talk to them.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution