How to move apps to your SD card, or set the SD card as the default download location

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boukah

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from boukah : "Move my apps to external storage"

How do I Move Apps From Internal Sd To External storage card on my android K7 phone I bought a 8g card and can't put anything on it. Please help me.

Isaiah_19

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Isaiah_19 : "How do you set the SD car in lg k7 as default storage"

I need help

Dominique_6

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Dominique_6 : "How to add everything to my SD card on my lg tribute"

I'm running out of internal memory and I still have room on my SD card.

For those of you waiting for answers this thread needs an overhaul ... a fair bit of the content relates to older fones.

@Dominique 6. You can free up some memory by clearing the cache on your applications ... go into application manager and open each one at a time and clear the cache.

Beyond that use the same area to uninstall applications that you do not use.

Eze123

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Eze123 : "Zte maven how do I move games to my SD card"

How do I move games to my SD card

Isabella_5

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

JaNessa_1

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from JaNessa_1 : "Heyy.. How Do I Set My daufalt memory ( internal storage) . To My AD card ( external storage) . On my Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime"

. How Do I Set My daufalt memory ( internal storage) . To My AD card ( external storage) . On my Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime

Brian Is Grok

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Brian Is Grok : "Best fix for LG K550 (Stylus 2 on T-Mobile) for Storage problem?"

What is the best (quickest/easiest/non-root-requiring) fix for LG K550 (Stylus 2 on T-Mobile) for Storage problem?
As I understand it, TMO/LG, in their infinite wisdom, removed the option in Marshmallow 6.01 to default storage onto the SD card, or to relocate apps to the SD card.
Beyond frustrated.
Not a novice, old windows mobile phone hacker, decent experience with Android, could probably learn to root if I had to.
PLEASSSSSE HELLLP!!

Gaotlhobogwe

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Gaotlhobogwe : "Samsung J2 prime memory"

the storage of my phone(samsung J2 Prime) is full..i cant download some apps and it keeeps says that unstall some apps..please give me some intructions on how can i download apps directly to the sd card

Dooweedooit

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Dooweedooit : "I have a galaxy grand prime and I put a 32 g. SD card into it. I moved all the apps I could to my SD card. All the photos are"

Code:
looking for help with grand primes SD card

sephhh

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sephhh : "I can't set my external SD Card as default storage. My phone is Samsung J1 mini."

Externel SD Card as default storage

Yandy_

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Yandy_ : "How to set default to sd card on lgk7"

Trying set default download location on my micro sd card for a lg k7

Falilu

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Falilu : "Moving apps download to SD card"

How to move downloaded apps from internal storage to SD card on Alcatel POP 404?

Mark Angelo_1

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mark Angelo_1 : "Transfer SDcard to Phone memory"

Trying ask for solution in my phone storage how i wish these website will do me a favor to solve my simple problem on how i can change the setting. my downloads files or any download transfer direct to phone memory.

Gerry_11

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Gerry_11 : "change samsung J5 storage to sd card"

hi I am Having problems with my storage on Samsung J5 model number is SM J600FN. The current android version is 6.0.1

MasterPikachu

Prominent
Feb 9, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from MasterPikachu : "Change default storage location on android 4.4.2"

I need to know how to change my Default Storage Location on Android 4.4.2. Please help me!

Aflatoon_1

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Aflatoon_1 : "How to move files to sd card LG_445?"

I do not know how to move files from my internal memory to sd card in my LG-445.

rocela

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from rocela : "how to set the sd card as default location for lg-h440n"

how to set the sd card as default location for lg-h440n

Gopal-7

Prominent
Feb 12, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Gopal-7 : "how can i set sd card as default download location in htc a310e"

my internal storage is very low so when i download any app it says 'the app needs some more space' and "modify or delete some contents on the sd card to download the app :(
' CAN ANYONE HELP ME?"[My sd card is transcend 7GB]

AllieO

Prominent
Feb 14, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from AllieO : "LG Rebel to sd card"

How do I move apps from my LG Rebel - runs Android 5.1 Lollipop - to sd card

Status
Not open for further replies.