How to move apps to your SD card, or set the SD card as the default download location

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_3__

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from AR_3__ : "How to change the default storage of Vivo Y 55 l 2 SD card"

Please can anyone see me how to change the default storage location of my vivo Y 55 l TO
SD card

Ahmad_95

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Ahmad_95 : "i have amazon fire running android odd 5.1.1"

How to change default storage:(y

Christine_64

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Christine_64 : "How do I transfer photos ect to SD card on my huawei Y5"

Keep getting notifications that internal storage is almost used and bi can't update anything on my phone. I have an SD card but can't figure out how to transfer my photos etc on a huawei Y5. Please help if possible. Tia

FaithMcLeod

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from FaithMcLeod : "I just put a 16 mb card in my Samsung Galaxy 5on phone. I want to download games and don't know how to download to my sd card"

I just put a 16 mb card in my Samsung Galaxy 5on phone. I want to download games and don't know how to download to my sd card.

Ghost Man

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Ghost Man : "How can i set my sd card as my default download location on my lg volt 2?"

Hi, i have and lg volt 2 version 5.1 and i want to set my sd card as my default download location and i've tried other forums but none worked because the only thing that shows up on my storage screen is my internal storage details and external storage details and the 3 dot menu only says "USB PC Connection". Is there any way to set my sd card as my default download location?

Preanne

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Preanne : "How do I "activate" my SD card on Samsung Galaxy amp 2"

My Samsung galaxy amp 2 has only 8 GB and I don't even use half the apps the phone comes with and they take up all my storage. So i have an SD card but i put it into my phone but whenever i try to open up my gallery, it tells my to do to my files and delete some files and when I go to my storage, it says i almost used it all but in my SD card below the internal storage, it says #.##MB used of 59.48GB. Theres so much GB, do i have to activate it somehow?Then when i click on SD card, it shows unmount and format, am i supposed to click something?...Please help, Thank You!

irishpride2009

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from irishpride2009 : "I have a ZTE prestige and I have a 35 gig and card how do I move my music and picture to my sd card need help thank u"

I have a ZTE prestige and I have a 35 gig and card how do I move my music and picture to my sd card need help thank u

Erwallace

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Erwallace : "My phone is Huawei Y5|| OS Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop) I can't get my apps to go to the SD card. I downloaded the files to SD"

My phone is Huawei Y5|| OS Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop) I can't get my apps to go to the SD card. I downloaded the files to SD card app but said the phone needs to be rooted ? Downloaded an app to do that then it said phone is unrootable? In lots of countries root means to have sex so I'm a bit confused. Anyway please help me with my unrootable phone. I have 1gb of internal storage and 16gb on an SD that I can't use. What do I do please ?

Waqas_9

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Waqas_9 : "Samsung 5 Sd Card"

Hi,
I bought 32 gb sd card for my 16 gb Samsung 5 mobile due to low capacity. My mobile is not handling that sd card and I can't use it for capacity. Someone told me S5 doesn't run that big sd card because it is unable to support that card. So, can you guys please tell me about that. Thanks

Robbie_19

Prominent
Feb 25, 2017

Dawson_4

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Dawson_4 : "How to set SD as internal storage, on a Kyocera reach. I have no computer"

Trying to get more storage. I have a 32 GB SD but still can't download games cause internal storage is low. What can I do

Mswiz54

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mswiz54 : "Store to SD card"

I don't know how to save things to my SD card. I have one with over 29 gig of free space. The internal memory of my phone is almost full and I'd like to download some more apps but it won't let me. How can I move things from the internal memory to the SD card?

Ezzien

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Ezzien : "how can i save all my staff in SD to save my space on a J5 plz"

J5 how can i save on SD ON A J5

Slim_1

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Slim_1 : "How set all image to save on my s sd card when using a j7"

How go I get all image to save on my sd card when using a j7

Rickg296

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Rickg296 : "LG Tribute 5 primary storage locatiin"

How to make SD card primary storage location.

Sriya_

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Sriya_ : "I have enough space in my SD card. But I am unable to move data or delete data from the card.Samsung j5"

I have enough space in my SD card.
But I am unable to delete data in the card or move data from the device storage into the SD card.
Samsung j5

Karina_tan

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Karina_tan : "how do I set my sd card as a default storage on my samsung galaxy mega"

How do I set my SD card as a default storage on my samsung galaxy mega?

Cryptopsy

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Cryptopsy : "how do I change my default phone storage to sd card my mobile phone is oppo joy 3-a11w"

oppo joy 3a11w how do i change my default phone storage to sd card?so that If im downloading the big files it can go through inti my sd card

jfine39

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jfine39 : "Adding memory card to my LG Beat"

I just added a 32 GB memory card to my phone, but cannot download apps to it. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.