How to play Windows Media Center recordings on Sony BDP S3500

G

My recently installed Sony BlueRay disk player has a lot of "smart" features and it found the Windows Media Center on my office PC. I can open that and view various file folders (Music, Videos, Photographs) and it will play AVI, MPEG, and WMV videos, but I can't find/play the .wtv TV recordings I have stored there.

Is there a way to access them or convert them so they can be displayed?

Solution
You might try to look for an utility which may convert said recordings into "standard" media files, but this goes into hacking / DMCA game, and is not discussed here.

That's part of the deal Microsoft had cut with TV networks in order for them to let MS record them. It is same as with your DVR (TiVo, Dish, DirectTV, XFinity) - recorded TV can be watched only on same device. Not that TV shows do not appear on the web hours after airing, but...
You might try to look for an utility which may convert said recordings into "standard" media files, but this goes into hacking / DMCA game, and is not discussed here.

That's part of the deal Microsoft had cut with TV networks in order for them to let MS record them. It is same as with your DVR (TiVo, Dish, DirectTV, XFinity) - recorded TV can be watched only on same device. Not that TV shows do not appear on the web hours after airing, but...

Solution