How to power 7.2 system in home theater room along with 5 ceiling speakers in separate room with same receiver?

tj_raddit

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
I want to know if there was anyway i could use one receiver for a 7.2 system with my home theater AND 5 ceiling speakers in a separate zone in a separate room? If I need to use an amp, how do I use it or wire it that way?

Solution
By a separate zone do you mean a second surround sound system or 5 speakers to be played in stereo?
If the answer is a second surround sound system then it would be better and cheaper to use 2 receivers. Way to complicated any other way.
If the answer is stereo then you could use a two zone surround sound receiver with an impedance matching speaker selector. The second zone would be able to play a different source than the same zone and have it's own volume control.
By a separate zone do you mean a second surround sound system or 5 speakers to be played in stereo?
If the answer is a second surround sound system then it would be better and cheaper to use 2 receivers. Way to complicated any other way.
If the answer is stereo then you could use a two zone surround sound receiver with an impedance matching speaker selector. The second zone would be able to play a different source than the same zone and have it's own volume control.

Solution