How to re-enabled a thinkpad mouse pad or track point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyFish10

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
I have a thinkpad but i can't re-enable my trackpoint/mouse pad.So one day I was playing on my thinkpad, doing whatever on it.
Then my mouse started to move across the screen.So i enabled my mouse/trackpoint and now if I reset my computer.
My mouse will work for 5 minutes then stop. I looked up on https://support.lenovo.com seeing if i can re-enable it but it doesn't say anything. So I want to know how i can re-enable it again?

Solution
Have you tried uninstalling the drivers for it, rebooting, and letting the computer reinstall the drivers when it restarts? This may fix the problem.

If not, you can also try going into "Control Panel" and click to open "Device Manager". Here you want to click to open "Mice and other pointing devices". When it shows the devices listed, right click on the device you are trying to fix and choose "Enable" from the list. It will only show "Enable" if it is currently "Disabled".
Have you tried uninstalling the drivers for it, rebooting, and letting the computer reinstall the drivers when it restarts? This may fix the problem.

If not, you can also try going into "Control Panel" and click to open "Device Manager". Here you want to click to open "Mice and other pointing devices". When it shows the devices listed, right click on the device you are trying to fix and choose "Enable" from the list. It will only show "Enable" if it is currently "Disabled".

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.