How to Reboot E-machine D620 That Will not Start after Sleep Mode

Frank_34

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
My D620 EMACHINE was on the shelf for about one year and when I went to start it there was no power on or battery charge leds on. I have taken it apart and replaced CMOS battery and put new paste on the heat sink at the CPU /tested the DC in plug, removed everything and reassembled it. Now the two LED s are on and the power button works.

I hear the fan come on but only for about 30 sec. Than nothing happens.no screen action or any other sounds. I do not know what to do next. Do you have any suggestions? I also held the power button down for one minute, with the battery and power supply out of the unit but that did not help I tried that several times. Thank you very much for any help.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by removing the battery and boot it up with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next is to test the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If it doesn't work proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If you'll see lights on the laptop and you can hear the fans spinning, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that means the problem is the built in display.
- You may need to check the ribbon that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- If all these will not work the problem would be the motherboard.