how to recover Alcatel PIXI3 10 after failed rooting

dgom4352

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
Hi,

I bought the PIXI3 10 some moths ago and even the internal memory was quite short, I though that with the EXT SD card would be fine. But, then I saw the limitation on using the EXT SD Card for installing Apps, which made the table quasi useless. So I decided to jailbreak it, as it seemed to be the only solution.

The problem is that something went wrong during the rooting and now the tablet gets stuck in the Alcatel welcome screen. After googling for ideas I tried the boot menu and all different restore in there, but nothing.

Anyone could give me any idea on how to recover it? I have seen from the boot menu I could reinstall a new firmware, but I couldn't´t find any.

thanks!

Solution

dgom4352

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
Thanks for the tip Saga Lout. I tried that but factory reset doesn´t help. I think I need to hard install from the scratch but I don´t know how to do that.

One of those options should work and if it won't, you would have to mess with the BIOS to get another system in there. When you tried to install new firmware, had you found some and connected the tablet to the PC you downloaded it to?

If the manufacturers don't make it available, it sounds like end of life.

dgom4352

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
Hi Again Saga Lout,

nope, none of the options works... I have actually not yet tried to install a new firmware, because I haven´t been able to find any. The error occurred during rooting and after that it doesn´t start again.

Isn´t there any kind of generic OS android install that I could use in order to use the hardware?

I have one on a flash drive and I've booted previously dead laptops. Trouble is, I forget where I downoaded it but it was probably xdadevelopers.com.

I just paid it a visit and the entire site is totally different from when I last saw it and I can't find anything of any use. Then I found this site http://www.techradar.com/how-to/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/how-to-download-android-6-0-marshmallow-right-now-1305391 which may help you. There's even a reference to dowloading Android 7.0.

Solution