How to recover data from [hone with broken LCD

carpot

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
My phone is borke - the display will not work at all. I have, however, been able to copy and paste everything from the phone onto my HD. I subsequently copy/pasted all of that into my replacement phone, however, have been unable to recover the calendar events and contacts.
Hardware: Galaxy Note 2

Solution
Well calendar events will depend on if you were using the app on the phone (the one it came with) or if you were using say Google's calendar, or a different app. Every app has their own way of storing data. The only way I know for certain to find and get that info, would be if you had it synced to Google. Otherwise finding the info, and accessing it where it is actually understandable, might be complicated, if even at all possible.

In regards to contacts, they are also stored that way. You should be able to find a data file that is part of the phones info under names like 'contacts.db' or 'contacts.apk'.

Well calendar events will depend on if you were using the app on the phone (the one it came with) or if you were using say Google's calendar, or a different app. Every app has their own way of storing data. The only way I know for certain to find and get that info, would be if you had it synced to Google. Otherwise finding the info, and accessing it where it is actually understandable, might be complicated, if even at all possible.

In regards to contacts, they are also stored that way. You should be able to find a data file that is part of the phones info under names like 'contacts.db' or 'contacts.apk'.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS