how to recover files in the micro sd after format due to virus

Marylyn

Estimable
Oct 3, 2014
Hi, I use a Sony video camcorder for making a short film as a school project. When i remove the micro sd card to be copied in my pc, the screen shows it cannot open the files, it must be formatted in order to use the micro sd.. I thought a virus corrupted the micro sd files, then I accidentally formatted it..how can I recover the files from a formatted micro sd...please help..

Solution
Hi

If you formatted the SD card in a windows PC and took the default then the files can be recovered with luck
Large files which are fragmented may not be fully recoverable easily

Only if you unticked quick format with vista or later has data been fully erased

There are many free programs available
TestDisk / photorec suit ( use test disk component )
recuva
And many more
Make sure you set write protect switch before proceeding further
Make sure you save files to a new location not the SD card
You will probably loose original file name

Misread type of card you have micro SD card so get a micro SD to SD card adapter & set write protect switch on SD card

Best of luck

Mike Barnes

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

If you formatted the SD card in a windows PC and took the default then the files can be recovered with luck
Large files which are fragmented may not be fully recoverable easily

Only if you unticked quick format with vista or later has data been fully erased

There are many free programs available
TestDisk / photorec suit ( use test disk component )
recuva
And many more
Make sure you set write protect switch before proceeding further
Make sure you save files to a new location not the SD card
You will probably loose original file name

Misread type of card you have micro SD card so get a micro SD to SD card adapter & set write protect switch on SD card

Best of luck

Mike Barnes

Solution

ssouyanak

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
92Eyn4