How to Remove trojan.win32.agent.zyeb?

Cookies4899

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
So I did a scan with Hitman Pro and found this: trojan.win32.agent.zyeb. My Hitman Pro license expired, and Malwarebytes Anti Malware, SuperAntiSpyware, and Avast! didn't detect it. Yes, I update before scanning, and I rescanned, but could not find anything. I figured it was from Winrar, so I went to my downloads folder, got rid of it, did another scan with Hitman, and it was gone. Did the trojan let me off that easy? I have a feeling something is left behind, like a hidden file or something.

XiRw

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
How exactly did you "get rid of it"? With Hitman? As long as you didn't click on the winrar file the trojan (or any trojans) can't execute by themselves. They need you to click on it. If you removed it with hitman then there is nothing to worry about.

XiRw

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

Your method is vague for this guys request and why would you recommend combofix to a beginner? If he doesn't have malware which hitmanpro is stating running combofix will most likely do more harm then good. This guy doesn't realize he doesn't have anything serious to worry about files being hidden as long as he didn't execute the trojan himself.

aford10

Distinguished
If Hitman found a threat, then it may be there, or it may be a false positive. The way to verify, is to run other scanners.

Combofix is the simplest, and one of the most effective tools you can possibly use. Whether a user is experienced or not, there's really no way you can screw up the scan. If it doesn't find a threat, then it will leave it alone and move on.

XiRw

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

Combofix should be a last resort tool really. Theres always a chance it can leave you unable to boot your computer like when I tried it on my laptop just to test. They don't call it "swearware" for nothing.

aford10

Distinguished

The only time I've seen it do that, was when someone was running a pirated version of windows, with a hacked windows activation. For obvious reasons it saw that as malware and removed it. The program is very safe, and in fact, I use it often, not just on my personal PCs, but also at work as a network admin at a bank.

XiRw

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
My version of windows was legit. It may remove malware but its about as accurate as a registry cleaner. It removes a lot of other things on it's own. I just don't see why they couldn't make it so you can see what its actually doing step by step.

Cookies4899

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
Alright guys, it seemed that it was another file. It was 095RCR2.exe. Yes, I've ran it, because it was a mod for GTA, but I never expected it to have this "trojan" that Hitman has detected. My trial for Hitman expired, and so I had to go to my downloads folder to remove it. I've ran MBAM, SAS, and Avast!. They did not find anything at all. Uploaded the file to Virustotal, and some anti viruses reported that it had some kind of trojan.