Solved! How to return to pre-sd card status ??

Jan 25, 2019
I allowed android 7.1.1 to move default items to sd card instead of configuring card as internal storage. How do I return things to pre-sd card status so I don't loose anything when card is initialized or am I misunderstanding process?

Thanks,
Mike

Solution
Unless the card is set up to be "Internal" storage, rather than the standard "External" storage, it should be fine to put things on it and take them off of it.

However, if you set it up to be "Internal" storage, so that you can run apps from it, then you would have to move all those apps back to the phone, or completely uninstall them, and then have the phone convert the card back to "External" storage.
Unless the card is set up to be "Internal" storage, rather than the standard "External" storage, it should be fine to put things on it and take them off of it.

However, if you set it up to be "Internal" storage, so that you can run apps from it, then you would have to move all those apps back to the phone, or completely uninstall them, and then have the phone convert the card back to "External" storage.

Solution