How to set nvidia as default card for screen and windows 8?

Danish Dynamite

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
I purchased lenovo Y50-70 and it has 2 graphic cards, Intel HD and GeForce 860M. I tried making geforce the default card in nvidia control panel, but the default card for the system and screen is still Intel HD. I also tried disabling Intel HD in device manager, ut then the screen and system runs off some weird windows graphics and I still can't set geforce there.

Now, before I get answers like: "Intel is better for longevity of your pc...", "GeForce takes over automatically in games if you set it in control panel...." I want to emphasize that I do not care.
I am not seeking advice, I would only like to hear if it is possible to set geforce as my default card for screen and system, so that when I go into "screen resolution" > "advanced settings" I will see nvidia geforce as my graphic card.

Thanks in advance for prompt and useful answers.

Danish Dynamite

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
I already tried device manager, disabling and uninstalling Intel HD grphics but then default system graphics card is Windows Basic something, don't recall the exact name, which has 256mb memory... I also tried BIOS, but I can only switch there between 2 options: switchable graphics and UMA, both of which do not change a thing.

Danish Dynamite

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
Also I have Windows 8.1 so it's even more so annoying as I can't seem to be able to change shit here, really miss the XP now...

After 6+ hours of research it seems the issue has not been solved yet, have seen countless other posts like this one and they all end in nothing. The only solution ppl give is to use nVidia Control Panel to set geforce as default for programs but not the system itself