How to Split Dish Network Satellite Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleardarksky

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I am trying to watch dish network on 2 tv's by using only one dish receiver (which means without paying for a second receiver;). I am ok with watching the same dish network channel on both tv's at the same time. My dish network is wired this way: coax cable from dish into dish receiver (VIP211Z), also, red yellow white audio/video cables from receiver to an old SD tv, the receiver doesn't have an output connector, only a single input connector. I tried splitting the signal by using a conventional cable splitter but can't get a signal. When i connect the coax cable from the dish into the splitter and then into the receiver I get no signal on the tv. Do i need a special "satellite TV" splitter of 2.3GHz or higher that works with satellite tv, or some other device? Would I be able to buy my own dual tuner receiver and split the signal to multiple tv's, or does the receiver need a smart card provided by dish network? Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
(Somehow you've created two posts)

Satelite receivers do not carry regular TV signal, so even if you were able to split the cable from the dish to the recevier and another TV, that other TV would not get anything.

That receiver you have has only one outport (red/white, yellow), and it is used for your primary TV. Your only option would be to split that output and feed the signal to the other TV, and this would probebly not work either.

There are single-, dual- (even tripple) tuner Dish receivers, but I don't think you can buy them, you get them as part of your Dish subscription. Some of them even have an option to connect (wired or wirelessly) second TV. My previous receiver was 722k, which was able to feed one HD TV (thru HDMI) and...
(Somehow you've created two posts)

Satelite receivers do not carry regular TV signal, so even if you were able to split the cable from the dish to the recevier and another TV, that other TV would not get anything.

That receiver you have has only one outport (red/white, yellow), and it is used for your primary TV. Your only option would be to split that output and feed the signal to the other TV, and this would probebly not work either.

There are single-, dual- (even tripple) tuner Dish receivers, but I don't think you can buy them, you get them as part of your Dish subscription. Some of them even have an option to connect (wired or wirelessly) second TV. My previous receiver was 722k, which was able to feed one HD TV (thru HDMI) and one SD TV( thru either red/white/yellow, or coax to Ch3)

You have to be careful with these boxes - if you have only old TVs (no HDMI input), you probably won't be able to use modern receivers.

Edit: Just saw another picture of VOP211Z, which shows HDMI and red/white/yellow outputs. If your primary TV is HDMI, you should connect it to HDMI, and your secondary TV to analogue outputs (you can also get RF modulator to transform these outputs into coax)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.