How To Toggle Audio On PC?

Zeroplanetz

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
Hello community. Quick question for the knowledgeable people here, Is there a way I can leave my headphones plugged into my PC as well as my speakers and just toggle between which device I want to use WITHOUT having to always unplug my headphones? Its a real pain to keep unplugging and I don't want to over time mess up my audio port. I am also not looking to have audio play out both devices at same time. Just one at a time. Just want to be able to leave them plugged in all the time.

Thank you all who respond with any incite.
Zeroplanetz

fudgecakes99

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
audio right click then go to playback devices, if you have a pc with multiple ports front and back, and if they're running different software it's possible. Otherwise the signal will just get sent, across both. it's entirely dependent on the type of speakers/headphones you're using.

Zeroplanetz

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013

Well years ago I was given a bose sub/speaker with the satellite speakers type for my PC. And I use UE6000 headphones. There both plugged in using a 3.5mm jack port. Can I still do it? Or use a splitter in the back and toggle? Right now the speakers are plugged in the back and the headphones on the front case port.
Case - CM trooper
Mobo - Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0

fudgecakes99

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
again, the pc would have to detect them as separate audio sources. When you click playback devices if their not all running on the same software or recognized under different names all you have to do is tell the pc to disable x audio output and make y audio output the default.