Solved! How to unlock keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehling_83

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
My cat sat on my laptop keyboard before I hibernated it. Now that I turned the laptop on, I cannot type the password to log in to Windows 7, but I can move the cursor and click. The keyboard must be locked. How do I unlock it without logging in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Did you try rebooting the computer? Sometimes that is all you need. I would also check your keys for one with lock or a lock symbol.

Should none of this work, then you may need to connect an external keyboard to get into the computer. Then, go to "Start" and then the search box, type in "Ease of Access Center". Now, check the settings in there. Should that not resolve it, try the following:

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
  2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
  3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.
Did you try rebooting the computer? Sometimes that is all you need. I would also check your keys for one with lock or a lock symbol.

Should none of this work, then you may need to connect an external keyboard to get into the computer. Then, go to "Start" and then the search box, type in "Ease of Access Center". Now, check the settings in there. Should that not resolve it, try the following:

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
  2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
  3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

laburum_clusters

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018

same thing happened to me.. try clicking - fn key and f3 simultaneously.. it should work...

Status
Not open for further replies.