How to upgrade software for my straight talk Lg stylo2

crystl.8787

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
Yes I have a lg stylo 2 thru straight talk that run on Verizon towers but can't upgrade ur phones when have straight talk but has to be way around it by going thru somewhere else or something if anyone knows how to help me with this it be greatly appreciated. I would love to upgrade to the new nouget or whatever called i have the 5.1.1 or something plz if anyone knows of possible way also wo a computer don't have one. Thank you very much...

Solution
I have the same device through Boost Mobile, an MVNO of Sprint. It came with Marshmallow (6.x). Less than a year later, Boost passed along an upgrade to Nougat (7.0). Straight Talk might have done the same. Open "Settings," tap the
"General" tab and scroll down to "System Updates." The file might be listed. Open and install. Your phone will need a full battery or continuous power by a charger. If not, check the Straight Talk website. It might be listed, with a link available to download. Once finished, you'll find your SD card is now visible in "Storage," apps with storage data movable to SD card, a high-contrast black screen option, improved battery life and stability.

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
I have the same device through Boost Mobile, an MVNO of Sprint. It came with Marshmallow (6.x). Less than a year later, Boost passed along an upgrade to Nougat (7.0). Straight Talk might have done the same. Open "Settings," tap the
"General" tab and scroll down to "System Updates." The file might be listed. Open and install. Your phone will need a full battery or continuous power by a charger. If not, check the Straight Talk website. It might be listed, with a link available to download. Once finished, you'll find your SD card is now visible in "Storage," apps with storage data movable to SD card, a high-contrast black screen option, improved battery life and stability.

Solution