HOWTO disable video card limitation on battery ?

Sorcerer25

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
Hi,

I just buy a laptop, Asus (N751JK) with Intel HD main video card and Nvidia 850M gaming video card, and I have about 55fps in World of Tanks when laptop is plugged in

Now, when running on batteries, in the same game I have ... 10fps :(

same with World of Waraft, Starcraft 2 or any other game.
I cannot find a solution on my own, the only one option in Nvidia Control Panel - Power Management Mode, don't have an off/performance setting, only a "prefer" maximum performance (so, it is optional)
Also in CS:GO I manage to fix it, by disabling a game internal option named "Laptop Savings", but it was only in that game.
And, main video card (Intel) had some problem with batteries too, it was screwing monitor contrast, and there I managed to set everything about power saving to off in it's main driver program.
I'm interested in a global solution, not for a specific game

So ! How do I disable this limit ?

... thank you :)

Solution
You can check out the nvidia settings panel in right click menu on desktop . But As far as i Know , your version of laptop has a lower power battery of 56wh and wont be able to power the Nividia gfx to full extent on battery.

Sorcerer25

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
there is no Nvidia video card option in Windows's Power Options
there is some Intel which is on Maximum Performance
and some other stuff like processor, display, slide show, etc. (and some are set for power saving), you think is one of them ? any idea which one ? :)

g1abhi

Estimable
Herald
Jun 13, 2015
You can check out the nvidia settings panel in right click menu on desktop . But As far as i Know , your version of laptop has a lower power battery of 56wh and wont be able to power the Nividia gfx to full extent on battery.

Solution

Sorcerer25

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
thank you for your interest, but please read my post before answering
1. I did said that I check Nvidia Control Panel (or settings panel) it is also very low in options: only a section with "3D Settings", so, hard to miss anything useful in it
2. also I already posted that I managed to make a game working at full video card power on battery: CS:GO with an internal game option

and let me expand this one so you see that I'm sure is at full power: game is set with all effects on max, rezolution is 1920x1080 and I play the game usually with Zombies Escape mod which means A LOT of players (like 60) in the same time in the same place, and I have high FPS both on battery and plugged in, my old computer was set with all effects at minimum and still used to go down to like 7 fps when all players was in same place

Sorcerer25

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
g1abhi come with the solution, with my personal apologies ...

Nvidia part is NOT a "real" video card, but only a 3D accelerator and that game (CS:GO) works very well on the build-in Intel card (3D part of that Intel card - HD 4600 is not bad at all and that game is old - 7-8years), and ATM I have ... kinda STUBID problems (only partial connected with this thread) with Nvidia card: when on batteries, system (again Windows 8.1 x64) crashes after latest video driver update, and won't crash if I go device manager and disable Nvidia 850M (this is totally another problem, and I will open a separate thread if I decide to seek help)

I consider this tread close
and
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR INTEREST ;)