Hp, Acer or Asus? Help

Solution
In that price range you should be looking for an Asus, HP, or a Dell. Prioritize storage, RAM, and screen over processor speed. You should be able to get an i3, with a 1 TB HDD, 8 GB of RAM, and a reasonable 15" screen for around the $450-$500 mark. Going lower you are probably going to be stuck with a Pentium, which isn't TOO bad... or a crap tier Celeron. You should be pretty happy with an i3 laptop.

What you might want to consider as well are refurbished or open box laptops. I managed to score an open box Asus 303Q a few years ago with an i5 and 8GB RAM, a $700 PC for like $500, while I was shopping around at Best Buy. That laptop served me well for 2 years, and I just upgraded a couple months ago.

zyh1987

Proper
Mar 16, 2018
do you play game? or you just want a stable laptop

acer/asus/dell/hp uses similar odm with very little differences (compal, quanta, wistron ... )

if you just want a stable laptop (cost more for sure)
here are three of my suggestions.
1. business line laptop, they will undergo a more strict testing (this is the cheaper option compare to opt 2 and 3)
2. macbook with bootcamp windows 10
3. surface.

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Well, it depends at what price point you are buying. Acer has some pretty horrible low end machines, but once you hit about the $700 mark they get pretty good pretty fast. HP has some quality issues on the lower end, but they still work well and from about $500 and up they are pretty reasonable machines. Asus makes quality machines across their range, but you are paying more for it on most models.

It would be more helpful if you were to give us a budget and what you expect to use this laptop for. It'd really help us give you better advice.

G

G

Its not particulary for gaming more like its for browsing the internet and downloading file or movies. But mainly to do students assignment and such. Budget around $200 to $500.

justin.m.beauvais

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
In that price range you should be looking for an Asus, HP, or a Dell. Prioritize storage, RAM, and screen over processor speed. You should be able to get an i3, with a 1 TB HDD, 8 GB of RAM, and a reasonable 15" screen for around the $450-$500 mark. Going lower you are probably going to be stuck with a Pentium, which isn't TOO bad... or a crap tier Celeron. You should be pretty happy with an i3 laptop.

What you might want to consider as well are refurbished or open box laptops. I managed to score an open box Asus 303Q a few years ago with an i5 and 8GB RAM, a $700 PC for like $500, while I was shopping around at Best Buy. That laptop served me well for 2 years, and I just upgraded a couple months ago.

Solution