HP Chairman Poses With Apple MacBook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Who cares, we all have different tastes, I know if I owned a car company lets say Hyundai I probably won't be driving one 24/7 as I know I probably have something like a Shelby Cobra and old Dodge Charger thrown in my car collection.

/end car analogy

G

He's an idiot who doesn't practice what he preaches oer and over and over again.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Maybe this was Ray's way of getting the axe, with that Golden Parachute of course.

Just despicable conduct by more incompetent and arrogant useless eaters at HP.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
So if the Mac Air is so dispicable why are all the other PC manufacturers copying the form factor. I don't own any Apple products myself, never have. So I don't dog a product I have never even tried myself. May some of the other folks in this forum should try an item before they determine it is a POS.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]maddad[/nom]So if the Mac Air is so dispicable why are all the other PC manufacturers copying the form factor. I don't own any Apple products myself, never have. So I don't dog a product I have never even tried myself. May some of the other folks in this forum should try an item before they determine it is a POS.[/citation]

The thing is that the Mac Air is a poor value, you can buy a competing HP laptop that does everything and more that the Apple for a LOT less, and contrary to the myth the quality of the hardware is not any better.

saintjimmy

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]The thing is that the Mac Air is a poor value, you can buy a competing HP laptop that does everything and more that the Apple for a LOT less, and contrary to the myth the quality of the hardware is not any better.[/citation]

My HP laptop is a perfect case scenario for that: It has very similar specs to a mid-range 17" Macbook Pro: It's a dv7 (17"), has an Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz quad, 8 GB DDR3-1333, 2 x 500 GB hard drives, and an AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1 GB GDDR5. Where it gets better is that it has 6 things that Macbook Pro's don't: Blu-Ray, USB 3.0, a fingerprint reader, Beats audio, a numberpad on the keyboard, and Windows 7! Not to mention great battery life too (5+ hours on the Internet). All the specs of a $2,200+ MBP in an equivalent HP laptop for $1,100 total!

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
The way I see it, all laptops now use the same hardware: Intel processors, chipsets etc etc.... It's now a question of do you want Reeboks, or Nike? Basically.....

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
i think ray lane realized that he was posing with a macbook air mid photo shoot and tried to cover his face. or may be he realized that he was using it wrong.
but this makes a good starting campaign for hp's ultrabooks!!

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]legacy7955[/nom]The thing is that the Mac Air is a poor value, you can buy a competing HP laptop that does everything and more that the Apple for a LOT less, and contrary to the myth the quality of the hardware is not any better.[/citation]

A less-than-3pounds, 13.3" ultra portable with a 128GB SDD, 6-7hours of battery life, a chassis milled from aluminium and a huge multitouch touchpad?

Nope, HP doesn't do that.
HP does some decent cheap laptops, but they certainly don't make anything that could compete with the MacBook Air.
If you want something comparable, you have to look at Sony or Asus "ultrabooks".

Status
Not open for further replies.