hp chromebook 14 running hearthstone via crouton

techquestion

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
my specs include, 2 GB ram, 16 GB ssd, intel celeron 2955U equipped hp chromebook 14 and installed Ubuntu using Crouton.

With the details out of the way; I seem to have a lot of trouble running Hearthstone (Blizzard's new TCG) on the system. To my knwoledge the game's minimum requirement is within my system's specs but the game stalls to a halt during play and is practically unplayable.

Does anyone else have any experience running Hearthstone on a chromebook via ubuntu? I'd really appreciate any advice to increase performance.

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Why are you trying to run games on a Chromebook? That right there, my friend, is your problem. Chromebooks are geared towards low demand tasks such as YouTube or just general web surfing on the couch. When it comes to high demand tasks like games, Chromebooks fail because they are not designed to cope with anything more demanding than GMail.

techquestion

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014

I can already run games like the binding of isaac onit since installing ubuntu. There's actually a video of someone running skyrim with low setting as well, on youtube. The intel CPU makes this a much more capabable machine compared to an ARM based chromebook like the hp 11.