Question HP EliteBook 8570p BIOS rollback files?

May 19, 2022
Hi, i've been trying to get this laptop working for the past few months to no avail. It auto updated the BIOS, corrupted the Windows install and left me to reinstall from DVD. After that I have no Wi-FI or Ethernet on any Operating systems I install.. Is there anyone I can get the previous files from? Or a website perhaps? It's currently on BIOS version F.74.. (I've tried doing it from the HP drivers page, it fails after the BIOS Update utility runs)

May 19, 2022
I assume you have tried the HP.com support page?
Their support is of no help anymore, they only tell me to buy another main board.
Also tried to reflash the F.74 BIOS but all it does is reset to defaults and doesn't fix the problem.

@rgd1101
Ethernet is detected but the driver causes a blue screen. WLAN just plain doesn't show up, I've even tried putting an mSATA SSD in and that's not detected either.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
was it working before?

I was using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, and it was working fine, then one day after automatic updates it all stopped working.
No combination of drivers on clean installs worked..

what os? using the latest iso from MS website?

I've gone through a few OS trying to see if it was just Windows but they all had the same problem essentially.
I've tried Ubuntu, PopOS, Manjaro, Windows 7, 8/8.1, 10, and 11 to no avail..
Windows 10 and 11 were from the Microsoft website and put on DVDs and USB, 7 and 8 were MS DVDs.

Last edited:
May 19, 2022
try those previous bios.

The tab was gone when I initially went to see more versions, but I tried rolling back anyways. Wi-Fi now works! But Ethernet is still dead.. Guess as long as the internet works on it at all, I'll be alright!

The furthest it will let you rollback I guess is F.74-F.72
F.71 and lower fail. I'm assuming it's a signature check failing, but I've been wrong in the past.

Would love to figure out my Ethernet, but it's giving "This device cannot start. (Code: 10)" when the driver is available for it to use. Which I suppose is better than Code 43, so I have some hope!

I was getting Code 35 on F.74 intermittently (that's what led me to believe the BIOS was the culprit).