HP Envy 15 Trackpad Problems After Opening Laptop

BrandonThomas2011

Commendable
May 26, 2016
I have an HP Envy 15 model J058-CA and I took it apart to clean the fan and vents as it was starting to overheat more frequently and now there is a problem with my trackpad. It does not feel tactile when clicking like it used to and is more sensitive to clicks. Does anyone know what might be going on? I did not go any further than taking the backings, fan, and heat sink off to clean them so I don't know why I am having issues with my trackpad now..? To describe how it feels, it is almost as if it is permanently depressed and doesn't come back up, although it doesn't look that way. It seems to go back to normal for a few clicks and then back to the jammed, less-tactile feeling.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

BrandonThomas2011

Commendable
May 26, 2016

Thanks for the reply! The funny thing is that I never touched it so idk why it would be acting this way. Might you also be able to tell me why my fans now have a bit of a whine to them after cleaning everything? I am assuming it is the bearing and it needs to be lubricated but idk how to do that either and what to use. I did some digging and found baby oil but idk if that would be the best thing.