Question Hp g60 reboot loop

Feb 4, 2020
Friend had an issue that she thought was power. She got a new battery and charger so I assumed that it was fixed and I offered to upgrade her hdd to an ssd. Once installed I began installing the operating system and it began rebooting. I've cleaned old thermal paste off, reapplied new paste, and cleaned all of the fans and cooling components. So I'm certain that it isnt overheating or a power issue. The only time the laptop will not reboot is when I am in the bios. Once in the bios I can leave it there for awhile with no issues, but once I exit the bios it immediately starts rebooting loop again. Am I correct in suspecting that the motherboard may be the issue? The only thing I havent really tried is poking around the motherboard with a multimeter. Any ideas?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 0
E Laptop Tech Support 2
ftothn Laptop Tech Support 5
T Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 15
Aryamaan08 Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 7
F Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 6
T Laptop Tech Support 2
Similar threads
Question How do I go about completely hard rebooting Toshiba C70D?
Question HP EliteBook won't let me update BIOS and doing weird things on boot.
Question Sharp Aquos 2T-C40F1P stays on logo and rebooting after reset
Question ROG laptop can't restart normally.
Question My laptop restarts randomly when using its screen
Solved! Toshiba satellite L850-1P2 laptop boot problem
Question Asus x533s stuck booting the Asus logo over and over. Turns off and on, on it’s own.
Question Crash + reboot cycle for a week
Question Laptop Built in battery plugged in suddenly reboots and it takes long to start again...battery showing 99% before it reboots
Question Fully charged laptop (still charging) shuts down and reboots with no charge
Question Toshiba Satellite Radius 12 P25W - C2300 - 4K constant freezeing / reboot when connected to AC
Question reboot and select proper boot device
Question asus will not reboot with a disc and bios have been changed correctly :(
Question Reboot and select proper boot device
flashing blue power light - reboots
Solved! Asus Aptio setup problem- tried the usual solution and it is now telling me to reboot and select proper boot device instead
It won't let me out of reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key
Solved! how to reboot gateway laptop without turning it on
Scrolling reboot and select proper boot device or incert boot media in selected boot device and hit any key"
Solved! Asus s56ca-xxo15h Reboot

ASK THE COMMUNITY