HP Laptop Constant Reboot

igriesd

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Hello-

I have an HP Pavilion G6 laptop that is constantly rebooting. It reboots at different intervals during the start up process, sometimes at a black screen wherei t is asking me whether I would like to boot into Windows 7, or launch Windows System Repair, sometimes at the Windows 7 loading Splash screen, sometimes it makes it all the way to the desktop, only to reboot after under a minute.

I have attempted to run Memtext86, but it rebooted during that, and it also reboots while I am in the BIOS menu. I have swapped out the RAM with RAM that is functional, but this did not resolve the issue. I have pulled the CMOS battery out to reset the computer, but that did not resolve the issue either.

I have attempted to turn off 'automatic reboot after system failure', however the PC never saves the setting when I disable it, so I am unable to get any BSOD error messages due to this fact.

Please let me know what other information you would like from me.

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

it might be your cpu overheated.when was the last time u replace the paste?also try recycling power.remove the batt and adapter,press the power button for 30-60sec and boot up.

igriesd

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

It restarts at various times, never at the same point. It will restart anytime between the black screen stating to run Windows Repair, all teh way to the Windows 7 Desktop. Never runs for more than a minute before restarting though. Tried running with no battery but no luck. Have also cleared the vents out and can feel the air running out of the vents. I will have to order some thermal paste, as I currently do not have any on me (Sadly).

Thank you both for the responses!

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

it might be your cpu overheated.when was the last time u replace the paste?also try recycling power.remove the batt and adapter,press the power button for 30-60sec and boot up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 0
kittychloe Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 15
T Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 2
VirusWar Laptop Tech Support 7
T Laptop Tech Support 3