Question HP Omen 15 High CPU Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullzrulerz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
I brought a new gaming laptop a two to three weeks ago and recently playing call of duty black ops 3 and noticed that the cpu temperature is sometimes over 90c and can get to 95-99c range but less often

Not too sure about this as seen on other HP Omen series that it's used to these kinds of temperatures but still if it's around 80-100c there something to be worried about ?

My specs
GTX 1060M 6GB
Intel Core i7 8750h
8GB Ram
Windows 10 With all lastest updates

Skullzrulerz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
If it is brand new and doing that, take it back and have them exchange it. No new device should reach temps that high.

Hello
Yes it's about 2-3 Weeks old
Let me say this its mainly around 80-90c however it stills does go up to 99c
It's the only game at the moment that does this esp this much
I don't understand why :/

As I was playing Black Ops 3 On Max Settings i have noted the fans were going very loud so i check out the CPU and was shocked to see it was hitting the 100c mark so i tried undervolting and no really much luck so reverted it back

Surely it should run on call of duty black ops 3 on a GTX 1060M (6GB)
But the main issue is the CPU? I don't know why it's so high it can't be because its old due to the fact i had got the laptop at the start of may

I even did a live chat to HP support and they were saying it was strange and very poor for this laptop but it's new as i got from Currys

Skullzrulerz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
A new laptop shouldn't reach even the 'mainly' ones you listed. That is to high.

You need to return it and have them exchange it for another.
I have sent Curry's a email regarding the issues

Do you think the game graphics wise is too high ? Though frame rate is going all over from 40-120 though it's seems to be mostly around 50-70

The only problem I can see is there is something not right with the device if you are getting those temps and it is brand new.

Were it older and say the thermal paste was in need of replacing, a fan was needing replacing, the GPU was going bad or even it just needed cleaning out (dust, debris, etc. removed from inside), then I could see those temps and it would need to be addressed right away to keep you from having the GPU, CPU, Motherboard, etc. from getting fried and being costly to replace.

A new device should not do that. Period.

Skullzrulerz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
The only problem I can see is there is something not right with the device if you are getting those temps and it is brand new.

Were it older and say the thermal paste was in need of replacing, a fan was needing replacing, the GPU was going bad or even it just needed cleaning out (dust, debris, etc. removed from inside), then I could see those temps and it would need to be addressed right away to keep you from having the GPU, CPU, Motherboard, etc. from getting fried and being costly to replace.

A new device should not do that. Period.

Do you mean this even without the settings on graphics?
I looked on MSI Afterburning telling me the CPU Temps
Spikes to 93-100 drops to 70-80 (Closer to 80 Mostly)
Then it does it again

It must explain the FPS Drops as it's so wild from 140fps to 40fps :/

Skullzrulerz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
The overheating can cause this, yes. But again, this is not normal for a new device. It is way to high. Even the lower numbers on a new device would be high.

Good morning thank you for you're reply

I have to see what I can do I sent a email to Currys last night should be able to call them today and go from there would it best to get it repaired or replaced ?

I just don't understand by 3 weeks old this could have a fault or its the game that I'm playing :/

I have bought things that have had problems from the start. It happens. This is why it is better to get it resolved right away. So many people just wait and wait and then when things get bad, they are left with no recourse but to pay for the fix themselves. Not a good idea. Better to get it replaced now.

Skullzrulerz

Honorable
Apr 3, 2017
I have bought things that have had problems from the start. It happens. This is why it is better to get it resolved right away. So many people just wait and wait and then when things get bad, they are left with no recourse but to pay for the fix themselves. Not a good idea. Better to get it replaced now.

Still awaiting a reply from Currys via should get back to me in by 72 hours
I try and phone them tomorrow as times are between 8am-8pm i think

I'm sure i seen this online but maybe the HP Omen are suppose to be this hot?

Aug 4, 2019
a month ago I bought the new omen 15 dc1xxx, and I have this issue while gaming with plugged into power, on an ultra-resolution with games like need for speed payback and Apex, so I called the hp support in my country many times and they remoted my laptop and they checked the temperature and CPU utilization while gaming and they said for me everything is fine ! the laptop is working correctly and fast (and that's real) , they said if it hit the 100c temp or it became slow to call us and we will repair it.

My specs
RTX 2060 6GB
Intel Core i7 9750h
16GB Ram
Windows 10 With all lastest updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS