Question HP Omen not locating home WiFi address after factory reset

Dec 23, 2020
Hello, I have an HP Omen (3-4 years old). Did a factory reset due to wanting a fresh start. Upon rebooting, I can see all nearby wifi addresses besides my home one. My roommates and my phone can still connect to home wifi, and my lap top can see others, and is currently connected to my hot spot, but lap top cannot lcoate home wifi. I've tried manually adding, updated drivers, and restarted computer many times.

Any ideas? Still connected to my hot spot in order to type this..

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
Hello, I have an HP Omen (3-4 years old). Did a factory reset due to wanting a fresh start. Upon rebooting, I can see all nearby wifi addresses besides my home one. My roommates and my phone can still connect to home wifi, and my lap top can see others, and is currently connected to my hot spot, but lap top cannot lcoate home wifi. I've tried manually adding, updated drivers, and restarted computer many times.

Any ideas? Still connected to my hot spot in order to type this..

have you attempted to connect it via Ethernet cable and then disconnecting it to see if it brings back the connection?

Dec 23, 2020
I don't have an Ethernet cable handy, but thinking this might be the solution in the end. hardwire so that it can recognize, and hope it continues to connect when i unplug.

As for the "hidden network" I will try this again, not sure I did every combo as we do have the 2.5ghz and 5ghz, which I show 2 hidden networks.

Dec 23, 2020
I have 2 WiFi networks showing as options named "Hidden Network" and "Hidden Network" that shows "open" under it. I type in my SSID (WiFi name) and password into both of these, but it says it cannot connect. I believe this is someone playing around with their network name, as I've seen FBISurvalenceVan and whatnot.

I then tried (again) to manually connect to these hidden networks, making sure to click the "connect even if not broadcasting" box, which just "creates" the WiFi channel in my computer, but doesn't actually connect to my network with the same name and PW