Solved! Hp Omen17-x temp goes 90 and screen goes black

Jun 6, 2019
Whenever i play high end game like GTA-V or Metro Exodus etc on charger plugged in for more than 5 minutes, screen goes black and everything freezes and i have to do shutdown it by pressing power button for long.

while on battery mode it never happens.

cpu temp on charging varies from 75-95C and on battery 60-70C.

I have resetted, updated everything required.

Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
Try this and see if it has any effect...
  1. Go to "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".
  2. Next to the plan you are using click "Change plan settings".
  3. On this next screen make sure it is not set to sleep or turn off the display.
  4. Then click "Change advanced power settings".
  5. There are a lot of areas to check in here, but I would start with "Multimedia Settings".
  6. Then go to "When playing video" and change the "Plugged in" option to balanced.
See if this helps.

You may also want to check the other settings in here.

Make sure you click "Save" or "Apply", depending on the screen, after any changes. Then when all done click "OK" and restart the computer. See if this resolves it.
  3. On this next screen make sure it is not set to sleep or turn off the display.
  5. There are a lot of areas to check in here, but I would start with "Multimedia Settings".
  6. Then go to "When playing video" and change the "Plugged in" option to balanced.
See if this helps.

Make sure you click "Save" or "Apply", depending on the screen, after any changes. Then when all done click "OK" and restart the computer. See if this resolves it.

Solution
Jun 6, 2019
See if this helps.

Well, i have done all this even i have undervolted it too.
But nothing seems to be working.

Jun 6, 2019
Then I would either contact the manufacturer (if it is under warranty) or take it to a local tech to have a looked at.
Warranty is over and i took it to local, he dust cleaned it and applied thermal paste of low quality which seems to be not working well than the previous one.
I'm thinking to try liquid metal.
Should i go with it?