Solved! HP Pavilion won't accept battery

Jan 12, 2021
HP Pavilion DV7-1026TX Ent. No battery when acquired. When install correct battery (tried with 2 ) gives Wrong battery installed message, Machine works ok on mains power. Bios is F0A. Win7. Have been advised upgrade Bios but can't find working file. SP51315 file errors with "No ROM file"

Solution
The model no. of the spare part is not that clear. Some are selling this with 14.4V and others like yours with only 10.8V which is not compatible with your laptop. Search for the correct 14.4V battery and get one. 14.8V would work as well.

There are several DV7 laptop series out there, the 1000series won´t work with the low voltage ones.
Jan 12, 2021
Anyone help on how to upgrade Bios HP Pavilion DV7-1026TX. WHEN i run HP file D51315 errors with No Rom file. HP have deleted ALL support so am left well up the creek.

Jan 12, 2021
Thanks Helpstar. Will try it in morning when fresher. Now is time for a glass of Red in cool under pergola. Will let you know what happens. G
Thanks again Helpstar but unfortunately file is same one I have been trying. Beginning to think I now have a conversation piece or run as Desktop. Appears NO ROM file included in SP51315 package. Cannot understand HP would release an install file missing such a key component. Any idea what extension may apply for me to go searching just for the ROM file?

Accept I may be totally wrong interpreting the message and ROM file not meant to be included but if this be the case where on
earth is one expected to find it? Surely I am not only one to have this problem.
HP have deleted all support info files etc but did anyone create an archive somewhere?
One suggested solution is to do lower upgrades in sequence but can't even find any of those.

Info on this Notebook is so sparse and generally non complimentary. Was it a dog??
Any left field suggestions very welcome as am reluctant to just give up. Nil carborundum and all that.

maybe replacing the CMOS battery of the laptop can help as well

other than that, the ROM file is included in the BIOS update file in the link, but your laptop might not know it and it could be the wrong one. It´s only a link from an unofficial page.

Is there any other model no. on the bottom of the laptop visible?

Jan 12, 2021
All I can find.
Pavilion DV7-1026TX S/N CND8330V85 P/N FQ377PA#ABG
BARCODE 2112461900252 FQ377PA#ABG

BATTERY HSTNN-C50C . Testing with compatible NOT original. Also testing with HSTNN-OB74 ;DV7
Not been able to find any suggestion MUST be genuine but have found suggestion
BIOS should be updated for more recent battery build. This is only reason am attempting update.

System board 30F4
InsydeHto version F.OA
UUID Number A363F8F6-52AE-11DD-9504-001EEC889942
CPU INTEL P8600 2.4GHZ
Originally loaded Vista. Disk formatted and loaded W7 pro. No recovery partition. 2nd HDD removed.

Can't find any other info. Again many thanks for help. This has turned into something of a challenge.

Jan 12, 2021
A thought. Internet searching seems to offer no clear answer but conflicting advice.
Notice HP Battery for DV7-1026TX is rated at 14.3V but replacement purchased is 10.8V. (HSTNN-OB74;DV7)
Suppliers (several but maybe all same place) all suggest 10.8 IS compatible.
Could this be the answer I am seeking??

The model no. of the spare part is not that clear. Some are selling this with 14.4V and others like yours with only 10.8V which is not compatible with your laptop. Search for the correct 14.4V battery and get one. 14.8V would work as well.

There are several DV7 laptop series out there, the 1000series won´t work with the low voltage ones.

Solution