Hp pavillion dv6000 screen blinks but not turning on

zeeshan123

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
y hp pavillion dv6000 is not turning on and also it give white light display when I remove and put battery back the light on screen wont go unless I plug the power supply also when I remove the battery and plug the power supply the screen blinks white light for a moment but in no case with or without and plug the power supply the screen blinks white light for a moment but in no case with or without battery power on button has no response and laptop is not turning on.i tried the most adviced method of removing battery and pressing the power button for 30 sec and pluging power supply and turning on the power button but no luck so far. removing battery and pressing the power button for 30 sec and pluging power supply and turning on the power button but no luck so far Please let me know the how to trouble shoot or what might have caused this problem.Thanks in advance for your help.

woxdin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Same happened to me 2 months ago... Dv6000 are popular over heaters. Just one day it didn't turned on - only display light. But few days after that It worked when it had cooled down like 6 hours after every restart - LOL. In my case it was motherboard/heat sink wear off.
Hopefully your problem is not so great... go see technician or turn to warranty. I have heard they replace the motherboard if it happened inside warrant time.