RinkyDD

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Hi

I have a problem, a bad problem.

My HP ProBook 4320s has stopped working, when i push the power button the power lights up for a second and switches off. It repeats this until i pull the battery out.

The last time it was working, I had given into the nagging HP update software and allowed it to install its updates. When it finished it requested a reboot and from that point on the problem occured.

Can anyone suggest what has happened and how to fix it?

pushanthegreat

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Hope This Help Please Like It If Helped
Revert to a System Restore Point
You can use Microsoft System Restore to reset the computer setting to a time prior to the occurrence of the blue screen error, called the "last known good configuration". There are three ways you can reset the computer to the last known good configuration:
Restore the system to a restore point in Safe Mode.
To select a restore point using f8 to boot into Safe Mode and run a Microsoft System Restore, follow the steps below.
Turn off the computer and wait 5 seconds.
Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the f8 key to enter the Windows Advanced Options Menu.
Use theUp Arrow and Down Arrow keys to select Safe Mode , and then press enter .
Wait while Windows files load.
Login at the Windows login screen.
After Windows starts, click Start , type restore into the search field, and then select System Restore from the list to open System Restore.
On the System Restore window, click Next , and then follow the on-screen instructions to select a restore point.
Your computer will now start into Windows using the last settings at a time when the computer was working correctly, undoing any recent settings changes that may have caused the current problem.

DO THIS FIRST - Perform a hard reset
If a PC suddenly fails to boot properly, you should perform a hard reset as the first procedure.
Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards. You want to test the computer not the accessories!
Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds .
Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not connect the battery), Press the Power button, Look for glowing LEDs near caps lock and num lock keys, and Listen for sounds of a disk drive and fan turning.

Disabling automatic restart to view error messages
When a computer freezes and displays a blue screen it also displays an error message, however, if the computer is set to automatically restart on an error condition, the message may be cleared off the screen before you can see it. If you are unable to view an error message or the Windows desktop, or if the computer tries to reboot automatically, you can disable the Windows automatic restart feature. This will enable you to view any specific error messages.
Disable automatic restart during boot process
Turn off the computer and wait 5 seconds.
Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the f8 key to enter the Windows Advanced Options Menu.
Use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow keys to select Disable automatic restart on system failure and then press the enter key.
Press the enter key again to restart Windows.
Disable automatic restart after boot into Windows
Click Start , right-click My Computer , and then click Properties .
Click the Advanced tab.
In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings .
Under System Failure , deselect the Automatically Restart check box.
Click OK to close the Startup and Recovery window, and then click OK to close the System Properties window.
Restart the computer.
Automatic restart is now disabled. When you restart the computer, if a specific start up error message is displayed, search the following web sites for a specific solution:

RinkyDD

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
None of your generic post is applicable to my problem are you trying to improve your Forum score rather than help fix issues?

If you had read the post you would understand that its a BIOS issue!

PS. Just had a quote from HP of just under £400 pounds, nice money maker