hp probook 4540s motherboard upgrade

Dec 9, 2018
hello. I was thinking about putting a gpu in hp probook 4540s but I came across the motherboard issue that it doesnt support this. It already has intergrated graphics and you cannot put gpu of your own choice. so I was wondering if there is some spare hp motherboard that allows you to put gpu on it or is there any other motherboard that can be bought and replaced so we can use gpu in hp probook 4540s. Any comments will be appreciated. thanks

Dec 9, 2018

So which of the motherboards in the manual should be used for the purpose of gaming?

k1114

Distinguished
There is only 1 mobo, the same kind you have. You can't add a gpu and the igpu isn't meant for gaming. The only option you have for a gaming pc is a new pc.

Dec 9, 2018

Well I understand that for gaming I will have to go for a gaming pc but to be honest due to unstable currency I am unable to go for a gaming pc. I am just thinking of making some changes to 4540s. I knwo I wont be able to play hardcore games. or I cant expect 100 fps or anything but I wont mind 40 50 fps in new games if any one of the motherboard of 4540s can help me achieve that. thats why I am looking for an answer that of all teh motherbaords listedi n the 4540s manual which will give me most fps in games. thanks for your comment.

k1114

Distinguished
You could possibly look at an egpu if you are willing to be stationary and have an external monitor. The bottom panel comes off easily and if you take out the wifi card, you can use an adapter there with a gpu.

Dec 9, 2018

if I go for an egpu and a good monitor then will I be able to go for 720p gaming? thanks for your comment.

Dec 9, 2018

can you kindly tell me what gpu will be good with 4540s that will give me best results (no bottleneck), thanks