HP r203tx completely dead after ACPI errors a couple of times.

Mar 11, 2018
I have the HP r203tx and I have the LinuxMint OS on this machine.

One fine day, when the battery was low, the laptop just powered off directly as if I had detached the battery.
I immediately connected it to a power source and as soon as I selected LinuxMint on the GRUB bootloader, I got ACPI error message and the system won't boot.

I tried restarting a couple of times and it was the same. The third time, the laptop just stopped displaying the first(HP logo) screen. There was no "POST".

And since then, when I try to boot the laptop, the fan starts, I can see the lights come up, but there is no display whatsoever.

I have tried changing the RAM, but of no use.

What is wrong with my machine?

The ACPI error to the best of my memory displayed some issue with a file with extension ".tmp"

PS: When I got this laptop from my cousin a couple of weeks ago, I had the damaged screen replaced and the fan directly connected to the power supply as it was having voltage problems.

Solution
If the laptop has a CMOS battery, remove it, remove the main battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, plug in wall power only and see if it starts. If it does, replace the CMOS battery and try again. You may want to buy a new battery if system has one you can replace, if this works. If it does not work, you likely need a new motherboard.
If the laptop has a CMOS battery, remove it, remove the main battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, plug in wall power only and see if it starts. If it does, replace the CMOS battery and try again. You may want to buy a new battery if system has one you can replace, if this works. If it does not work, you likely need a new motherboard.

Solution