Hp reliability?

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Hello, i'm considering 2 laptops, 1 is hp and the other lenovo, but not with hp...the 2 are similar with graphics and processors, but one has 8 hour battery life and is thin and light (hp), the other 2 hour and is more for gaming (lenovo).

i really like lenovo, but has had some meh experiences with hp like the printers (low end) are kind of bad, and the tech help isn't very competent. i'd just like to know if hp is reliable enough that if something breaks they'll fix it and it won't take a lot of hassle and time. keep in mind i have dealt with toshiba support, 1 month to replace a charger, inte så bra, that was a hassle and took way too much time an hour or so while multitasking with live chat isn't even close to bad.

thanks is advance, hope you can help.

Solution
If you will try to play games the Lenovo is the better option.
Better RES is always nice. :(
You look at Sony yet?

By the way, take the laptop name and google/bing with reviews, look at a everyday folks review and a techie review too.

Give us your budget and wait for a day or two for other opinions?

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012

Give us the links for the laptops you are interested in. Pointless posting with that eh?

HP is hit and miss, my friends they have and some die and some are quite good

Lenovo, I don;t know, but them seem good, they are owned by IBM so...

Don't buy a gaming laptop, waste of money mate, if you got 1k+ to throw than buy one but don't look for gaming laptop. Because you did not post specs and say what you want to use it for, I would say to go with the light machine if you going to be moving around a bit.

Reply with specs?

Ta,

Dan

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
lenovo:
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=457&Code=95232HU&category_id=6716C35E262487E9B548B6298FE58D3B

2 hour battery life

hp: • Windows 8 64
• AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M Accelerated Processor (3.2GHz/2.3GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) may be a bit weaker than i7 but meh.
• 2GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7670M Discrete-Class Graphics
• 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
• Microsoft Office Trial
• No additional security software
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (up to 8 hours)
• 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
• SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated dual array digital microphone
• 802.11b/g/n WLAN
• Backlit Keyboard

the reason why i'm considering the hp is the 1080 screen, the lighter weight, and the significantly higher battery life.

2danny9

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
If you will try to play games the Lenovo is the better option.
Better RES is always nice. :(
You look at Sony yet?

By the way, take the laptop name and google/bing with reviews, look at a everyday folks review and a techie review too.

Give us your budget and wait for a day or two for other opinions?

Solution