Solved! HP secure boot issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
Feels like ive been going around in circles for the last 40 mins.

Im attempting to disable secure boot in order for me to boot from usb.

However when i disable secure boot, once it has restarted secure boot seems to be enabled again ...

I have set admin bios password.
i have also tried enabling legacy and disabling secure boot.

The settings wont stick.

Anyone had this issue before? thanks

Solution
This seems to be a fairly common issue with these HPs. Try enabling Legacy support only. Save. Restart. Enter BIOS.

If Legacy support "sticks", then try disabling secure boot. Save. Restart. Check settings.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
A password on the BIOS or one for Windows?

Keep in mind, we can't assist with bypassing password questions. We have no means to verify the legal ownership of the device in question.

You may want to contact HP for assistance.

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
A password on the BIOS or one for Windows?

Keep in mind, we can't assist with bypassing password questions. We have no means to verify the legal ownership of the device in question.

You may want to contact HP for assistance.

im not requesting any help with passwords. the legal ownership is my father (proof of purchase owned)

I have set the bios password. he has forgot his windows log in.

The reason for this thread is due to not being able to turn of secure boot (HP).

Im not able to boot from a usb due to this. So its a technical question as to why the bios keeps resetting and not saving settings.

Maybe its due to the cmos battery? im not sure.

and of course if he had made a windows recovery disc i would not have the issue of helping him.

thanks

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
What specific model is the HP? Is there more than one account on the system (or just your father's)?

The sharing of the rules is for the benefit of other members, in the event similar questions are presented.

This is the laptop here

Also there is only one account under his name on the latop.

thanks for your help

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
This seems to be a fairly common issue with these HPs. Try enabling Legacy support only. Save. Restart. Enter BIOS.

If Legacy support "sticks", then try disabling secure boot. Save. Restart. Check settings.

why did i not think to try this. haha . thanks man :D appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.