HP's Beats audio gone after window 10 upgrade (64 bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krytor

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
just upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 (64 bit) and the control panel for beats audio is gone. I have an HP H8-1534 PC (FYI) and I DO have sound, the IDT drivers are working fine. the software is just gone. I contacted HP by phone and they wanted money for a service plan (the Warranty has expired and swore I got a virus, which if I did came from the upgrade from window 10, so I hung up on Apu from quicky-mart in India. I proceeded to run Recovery for my Apps and was told that if I do I can not go back to window 8.1. I am currently waiting for a reply in forums in HP if they will send me a link to reinstall beats audio control panel and am not sure if I want to keep window 10. I have also contacted Microsoft about this. It almost sounds like HP is taking advantage of the situation to get service plans for something windows 10 did, shouldn't HP stand behind the software they have for their motherboards?...did beats audio get Microsoft upset? not sure if I can recommend HP or Beats audio right now. Is there any programs for downloading to control the audio outputs. other than Beats for window 10 ?

Solution

HI BUDDY! I was having the same problem.
Go to http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/
follow the instructions and install the audio drivers. Hope it works for you as well.
Good luck!

TJCINC

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
I have the same problem, more or less. I can get the IDT driver to work, but without the software, there is a solution, use the windows driver. I however do have a problem with it updating back to IDT with every windows update (yes i have turned off the updates for hardware devices, no dice)
If you are interested, go into task manager, startup, then turn off Beats and IDT at startup, then restart, windows will pick up its own driver, from nov 2015, instead of the 2013 IDT driver.
When windows updates back to the IDT driver its as simple as going into device manager and rolling back to the previous driver. I find the windows driver to be better, however on a desktop, not all functions are available.. like stereo mix..

Rulo Campos

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

HI BUDDY! I was having the same problem.
Go to http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/
follow the instructions and install the audio drivers. Hope it works for you as well.
Good luck!

Solution

JuliaStarr87

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I had same exact problem and felt i was going round and round. i manually downloaded the drivers from hp but i told hp i had windows 7 instead tried to install but windows 10 bolcked all and would not let me unblock. so i did some digging and decided to try the drivers from my old hp pavillion totally different model. so these drivers are not meant for this model and i checked the drivers they are all different drivers. but oddly enough they installed and they work. but i'm still looking for drivers for my biometrc and beats these are the drivers i used. HP Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC,

his is the link for 7

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-g7-1300-notebook-pc-series/5186814/model/5218699#Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930O2

this one for 8

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-g7-1300-notebook-pc-series/5186814/model/5218699#Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930O2

you have to manually download all or just the ones you need but i hope it helps it fixed alot of my issues and then to make sure they are up to date best way is to ask cortana to open device manager or go to control panel and open it from there scan for hardware changes first just in case. for each device that you recently installed software right click on the actual device and open properties and update driver from there, for some reason if you just update it the usual way it will tell you nothing is wrong and current drivers are installed. if it needs to update it for some reason it finds it properly or better going through the device manager and right clcking. idk why but it worked so sticking with that i hope this help as of you. as for those of you with out hp i would suggest trying something similar for your computer with the company your computer is affiliated with.

i fix and repair computers and i build them towers and laptops if you are still having some issues and need a walk through you can email me at hummingbirdup at g mail dot com or msg me on face book just look for julia starr and i'll try to help you as best as i can I know what all of you are going through and feeling frustrated

LeeLord

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
I did a lot of research on here and found this worked perfectly. After install, Perfect sound as before and the Beats software Icon was back in both my tray and the Control Panel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRwu10KW5iY

.In the Video of course he used the computer that he has.... HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j020dx Notebook PC. Although I have a totally different Envy Computer I found his ENVY Model and used it. Follow his instruction, find the Audio file sp63555 (which you will fine in "details" of the Audio file).

Dave_107

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

This totally worked......Thanks. This is BS microsoft for us having to go through this and more BS HP for wanting to charge us to fix it !!!!!!

jwvilca

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
well I have a HP dv7 and check windows 7 on compatibility tab on installer properties, then run as administrator, restart it and it's solved; good luck guys

Frans_538

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
You can download here the sound drivers for windows 10.

for the:
- HP Envy 700-0xx PC

- HP Pavilion 500-axx PC

- HP Envy 27-xxx Recline AIO PC

- HP ENVY 23-dXXX TouchSmart All-in-One

- HP ENVY Recline 23-xxx All-in-One PC

- HP Envy Recline 23-xxx Touchsmart Beats SE AIO PC

- HP ENVY Phoenix 810-0xx PC

- HP Pavilion Slimline 400-0xx PC

- HP Pavilion 500-0xx PC

Here is the link -> http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/IDT/HP-IDT-HD-Audio-Driver-61065040-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml

Regards,
Frans R. :)
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.