HTC Confirms Oct. Launch for Windows Phone 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I can't help but feel that the devices running Windows Phone 7 look crooked when they are displaying their start screens with that black bar on the right side. They end up looking side heavy, but I'm still looking forward to what Microsoft will bring to the table.

G

No cut and paste, no multi-tasking of third-party apps, 2+ years late to the party.

Will not compete.

WinMo7 will be about as successful as the Zune was against the iPod.

nuster100

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
[citation][nom]modopron[/nom]No cut and paste, no multi-tasking of third-party apps, 2+ years late to the party.Will not compete.WinMo7 will be about as successful as the Zune was against the iPod.[/citation]

Unfortunately, I think you're right.... With both Apple and Google in the fray, I think Microsoft are going to get shut out.

mathers

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]modopron[/nom]No cut and pastecitation]

Considering Windows mobiles have had cut and paste since 2002 I can't believe Win Mob 7 doesn't have it, in fact the leaked HTC vid show's either cut/ paste or copy/ paste on the 3D notepad app

mathers

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]mathers[/nom][citation][nom]modopron[/nom]No cut and pastecitation]Considering Windows mobiles have had cut and paste since 2002 I can't believe Win Mob 7 doesn't have it, in fact the leaked HTC vid show's either cut/ paste or copy/ paste on the 3D notepad app[/citation]

Pity I can't use it obviously!!! :)

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]nuster100[/nom]Unfortunately, I think you're right.... With both Apple and Google in the fray, I think Microsoft are going to get shut out.[/citation]
Let's just wait and see shall we?
Android was late to the party as well, with Nokia, RIM and even Apple being the prime rib of the smartphone world.
2 years later Android has impressed by delivering.
It would be foolhardy to count Microsoft out, they may be slow but when they get moving they are a juggernaut.

nuster100

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
5 Years ago, I would have agreed with you.

But after Vista, Kin, Bing, Zune, Courier, and their slowness replacing IE6, I don't think Microsoft understand anything outside of their OS / Office core products.

I would be happy to be proved wrong as good competition will ultimately benefit all of us..

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
if WP7 delivers the X-Live integration promised i can see it garnishing alot of followers from console gamers. i personally am hoping for the integration to come to zunes as i'd like to keep with palm phones, but if hp doesn't release anythign soon and i get tired of the pre it'll be between a droid or wp7 if its better for me wp7 will win if its a droid then so be it ... i welcome wp7 though and hope it does well

treyking11

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
[citation][nom]nuster100[/nom]5 Years ago, I would have agreed with you.But after Vista, Kin, Bing, Zune, Courier, and their slowness replacing IE6, I don't think Microsoft understand anything outside of their OS / Office core products.[/citation]

EXACTLY! Micro$oft; the "me too" company, putting their poor spin on everyone else's ideas. But you PC monkeys will continue your blind support, so who knows?

rsg22

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
[citation][nom]treyking11[/nom]EXACTLY! Micro$oft; the "me too" company, putting their poor spin on everyone else's ideas. But you PC monkeys will continue your blind support, so who knows?[/citation]

You really are clueless.

You Apple monkeys spend twice as much on your hardware and software, and get back half as much as the rest of us in spec.

treyking11

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
[citation][nom]rsg22[/nom]You really are clueless.You Apple monkeys spend twice as much on your hardware and software, and get back half as much as the rest of us in spec.[/citation]

nice comeback, dipshit. flame on, faggots!

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]treyking11[/nom]nice comeback, dipshit. flame on, faggots![/citation]
Yeah, your infallible logic got us PC monkeys there...man, what sound reasoning!

Why did you even post this?

G

Didn't the announcement of the opening of the windows phone 7 app store in October confirm this already?

tuc0

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
its a phone, who cares what it runs on.
it will still make calls randomly in your pocket and drive you mad
with idiotic wtf is this bit, ect ect.

G

treyking is one of those guys that thinks the iphone was the first touch screen smart phone and mp3 player. And apple invented the wheel!!! they did really!
Apple was actully the me to company in both those cases. they just put a very nice spin UI on them. and kudo's to them for that. the others had the potential to do it on there hardware for ages and weren't brave enough to go there. that doesn't mean apple invented the smart phone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.