Solved! HTC Desire 820 randomly stops detecting the SIM card

Aug 12, 2019
Hi everyone, my old HTC Desire 820 has a problem. It randomly stops detecting the SIM card from yesterday (I checked another sim cards and another device, it's a smarthphone fault, not a sim card). I looked through various tips in google what could be the reason and how to fix them, but they didn’t help. I will add that sometimes for example for 2-3 minutes everything is okay the sim card works well and a moment later when I start using a smartphone I got info “No sim card, no service”. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
The first thing to try is restart the phone (power it off and back on) and see if that resolves it.

If that doesn't help (and since you already tried the card in other devices) I would try starting the phone up in "Safe Mode" and see if this occurs in there. If it doesn't, then it is something on the phone (app, virus, malware) and not the hardware that is the cause. However, if it happens in "Safe Mode" as well, then your port may well either have something in it. Dust, debris, etc., or it could be damaged.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down"...
The first thing to try is restart the phone (power it off and back on) and see if that resolves it.

If that doesn't help (and since you already tried the card in other devices) I would try starting the phone up in "Safe Mode" and see if this occurs in there. If it doesn't, then it is something on the phone (app, virus, malware) and not the hardware that is the cause. However, if it happens in "Safe Mode" as well, then your port may well either have something in it. Dust, debris, etc., or it could be damaged.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Reactions: TaylorLaw
Solution
Aug 12, 2019

Thanks for your time but I tried it before, unfortunately did not help.

Safe mode didn't help too. The strangest thing about it is that it's works randomly.

I'm open for another suggestion guys