HTC Tells Apple to Compete and Stop Complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
HTC has a point..
I mean is there ever a time Apple isn't trying to seek damages or sue somebody?
It's like they are trying to scare off phone manufacturers from the market, and I like HTC's spirit.
I wonder if/how Apple will respond.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Totally right. Man the f*** up Apple. If your product is as good as is claimed you've got no worries or reason to do this. Obviously, it isn't.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hell yes! HTC doesn't just have a point, they're treating Apple as close as they deserve to be treated without resorting to being plain rude!

Samsung/HTC strategy: let's take the same phone we had selling so well last year, stuff EVEN more powerful hardware, newer Android and more features into it, make sure the phone has all connectivity interfaces possible (BT, 3G, Wi-Fi, whatever, except for IrDA, that stuff is obsolete!), maybe introduce a few new things, like USB-on-the-Go and HDMI, pre-install a ton of apps and sell it at an outrageous yet somewhat understandable price.

Apple's strategy: take a common, long-existing device, such as mp3 player or a phone, add a USELESS feature to it, advertise as a MAGICAL feature and mock everyone who doesn't use it. When clueless competitors start producing the same stuff (poor bastards don't understand that people aren't after the coolest phone/player/tablet, but are after Apple stuff exclusively, due to massive brainwashing!), accuse them of breaking the patents, since the US patent system allows to even patent shapes of buttons and icons, and sue them. Alternative strategy: instead of re-thinking the long-existing device as described above, invent a completely new one, useless from the beginning, such as the iPad, then proceed along the same steps: advertise as magical, wait for competitors, accuse, sue.

I'm glad the Eastern electronics companies are playing by other rules and don't resort to accusing each other of "copyright infringment" on things that are common by now (touch screen, GUI layout, etc). With these companies, a customer has a choice of wide range of products that are not restricted by stupid patents and "copyrights" and can go and buy the device he likes the most. Seriously, just because someone claims to come up with an idea first does NOT mean he is the only one who has the right to use it. Imagine what would happen if in distant past our ancestors would patent simple technologies such as wheel, levers or blacksmithing techniques? We'd be still in the Stone Age! That's why many countries and businesses today are suffering while others are thriving for no reason: since you can copyright anything, there's no way for them to use the technology they need to survive.

Well done, HTC. I bet that if they wouldn't be restricted by "business code", that Grace Lei would just moon Apple and tell them to go to hell instead of being so polite. Still, the message is clear: serious companies are sick and tired of Apple patent trolling and getting customers by means of brainwashing and marketing, instead of competition. Some might argue that "this is business" and any methods will do as long as you have profit, but then you might as well start selling cow dung at a price of gold by convincing your customers that this is best for them, and call it a successful business. While it might be successful, it isn't business, it's just a lot of BS.

So, well done, HTC. Now, if your next flagship phone will be as good as SGS II, it might make you even better... =)

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Brown-nosing hypocrites eating this stuff up, forgetting that HTC is just another corporation who loves to sue like the rest of them. They all sue each other. Pitiful.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I was at the 58th ST Apple store just 3 days ago.

There were so many zealots in there they were like "OMG I never knew a phone can do that!/Wow This iPad2 is really cool/Hey Look I can do this on a Mac Book!" ...

I looked at what they were doing and it's all the things that other comps/phones can do at least 2-3 years ago ...

and the most pathetic thing is that, there is a LINE JUST for people buying iPads ... and it's always filled with people 24 hours a day, it's like they're lining up to hand their hard earned cash for a Pathetic Device/to Apple ... This is how sad this world has become.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]HTC has a point..I mean is there ever a time Apple isn't trying to seek damages or sue somebody?It's like they are trying to scare off phone manufacturers from the market, and I like HTC's spirit.I wonder if/how Apple will respond.[/citation]

I'm not about deffending Apple or anything but its a matter of principle for most businesses to sue over patent infrigements because if they dont then Patents (or copyrights) won't mean a thing and the people doing research, creation and such won't be protected from cheap copycats.

so by all means, let Apple make their point but don't make it "news" because it's not... its just business as usual.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Always a bunch of Apple haters commenting on these stories. I don't own any Apple products, but I notice there were not any Iphone type cell phones until after it was released. Then everyone else started releasing there copies (i mean their Iphone killers). There were not any Ipad type devices until after the Ipad was released and then everybody started releasing there copies ( I mean their Ipad killers). Maybe HTC should be first to the market on something instead of making products that seem an awful lot to mimic or copy existing products on the market. How about someone come out with something first so that Apple has to come late to the market and try to make a Samsung killer or an HTC killer. Just maybe Apple has a case if you look at the whole story and not just your Apple hater hang up.

pcwlai

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Always a bunch of Apple haters commenting on these stories. I don't own any Apple products, but I notice there were not any Iphone type cell phones until after it was released. Then everyone else started releasing there copies (i mean their Iphone killers). There were not any Ipad type devices until after the Ipad was released and then everybody started releasing there copies ( I mean their Ipad killers). Maybe HTC should be first to the market on something instead of making products that seem an awful lot to mimic or copy existing products on the market. How about someone come out with something first so that Apple has to come late to the market and try to make a Samsung killer or an HTC killer. Just maybe Apple has a case if you look at the whole story and not just your Apple hater hang up.

That's way too true.

For haters, they don't want to spend money to support the research and development of innovative ideas or breaking the old rules. So, many of them pretend to support the others to copy from the inventors.

Apple products many be expensive, but supporting others to invent new ideas that do not give out good products are not their options either. So, better to group together and bash Apple for their innovations and praise those copies for them without making their hands dirty.

songemu

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I can't side with either company fully. In some respects, Apple might be a dick, "stifling" other companies... but at the same time... they have that patent for a reason.

idono

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
[citation][nom]pcwlai[/nom]That's way too true.For haters, they don't want to spend money to support the research and development of innovative ideas or breaking the old rules. So, many of them pretend to support the others to copy from the inventors.Apple products many be expensive, but supporting others to invent new ideas that do not give out good products are not their options either. So, better to group together and bash Apple for their innovations and praise those copies for them without making their hands dirty.[/citation]

How naive can you be. There's plenty of reason for tech savvy people to hate apple. For starters they allways market new hardware as being first, wich they are not even remotly close to be. They over price everything they have. My HTC has 5 times, if not more, hardware in it for a reasonable price. Apple introduces something new to their iphone every year that's been out on the market for several years. They have pretty much closed of their products from other devices. It's a pain to use itunes etc on my pc because it's soooooooo poorly programmed. Not to mention that i hate paying for those god damn updates that are supposed to fix some bugs on my ipod touche.

There are just so many reasons to hate apple. They do make good products. But i hate the company for being so capitalistic and dose everything to make a an extra cent.

But back on track. Apple are exploiting the broken patent system because they can and will allways try to disrupt fair trade just to make an extra buck.

chillaxinb4u

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
actually these companies should destroy apple there was tablets way before ipad

http://www.androidtabletfanatic.com/android-tablet-news/16-old-skool-tablets-rocking-it-before-the-ipad/
such as the asus or sony tablet...apple sux they know there going downhill that why the need all the law suits and theyy take old ideas an pay off some judge or find the stupidest one that says they made it an give them a patent an its the truth.If it was legal microsoft may as well patent the word drive or windows lol

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]maddad[/nom]Always a bunch of Apple haters commenting on these stories. I don't own any Apple products, but I notice there were not any Iphone type cell phones until after it was released. Then everyone else started releasing there copies (i mean their Iphone killers). There were not any Ipad type devices until after the Ipad was released and then everybody started releasing there copies ( I mean their Ipad killers). Maybe HTC should be first to the market on something instead of making products that seem an awful lot to mimic or copy existing products on the market. How about someone come out with something first so that Apple has to come late to the market and try to make a Samsung killer or an HTC killer. Just maybe Apple has a case if you look at the whole story and not just your Apple hater hang up.[/citation]
Define iphone type cell phones and ipad type devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.