html java laptop

hans_pcguy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
I was asked to help pick a laptop for a student who is going to be learning html and java. Least expensive preferred. My questions are: Will he be wanting a touch screen? Are they writing touch screen programs in either of those languages? Power of processor and RAM? As I understand, this machine should not need anything special for specs as neither of these programs require any particularly fast machine? I am hoping to get an i3 with 4 or 8GB ram. Windows 7, unless he needs a touch screen then Windows 8. Any ideas are appreciated.

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
html is (with some javascript and css help) what is used to write webpages which means he probably won't need a very fast machine (maybe a touchscreen so that he knows if he's making buttons too big or something for people with touchscreens?)

java, well, pretty much anything (with some skill) can be done with it

hans_pcguy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
I pretty much figured that but not up on the latest developments in html and java. Are they writing anything that needs a touch screen to check the function of the apps? I really do not like touch screens on laptops and don't want to get him one if he doesn't need it. Touch screens are a PAIN to service. I am a tech.