Question Huawei Mediapad red light blinking.

14LuvMusic

Great
Mar 23, 2019
Hi, I've just charged my Huawei Mediapad T3 10, it's at 98% and unplugged, yet there's a faint red light which flickers then flashes bright every now and again. I've restarted it, same thing happens, I've switched it off and it's still doing the same thing whilst it's off! Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts? Have I been hacked?

Are you referring to the charging light? Or something else?

Also, it is more likely that you have an app on the device that is causing it rather than it being hacked. Virus, malware, bad app, or even an app that is continually accessing something, or draining the battery fast, can cause that.

Additionally, some apps, when you have a message, text, call, etc., will make the charging light blink.

On top of all that, if the battery is going bad, and not actually charging to the % that it says it is, which happens when they start to die, then that can also cause the blinking.

NOTE: This is all referring to the charging light, not any other light.

14LuvMusic

Great
Mar 23, 2019
Yes it is the charging light (the little one by the front facing camera).
As far as I know I think I'd closed all open apps.
I've had the device since December and have charged it probably 6 times since it's initial full charge.
What confused me was how it was still operating when the device was switched off.
It's stopped this morning so I'll see if it recurs and how long the battery lasts, thank you for your reply.

14LuvMusic

Great
Mar 23, 2019
Hello, just to give an update to this thread, the issue is still ocurring.
As I type this I fully charged my device 5 days ago, it's on 64% battery, I have "eye comfort" active, I'm connected to home WiFi and an alarm set for the morning, as far as I know I don't have any other apps running in the background however the charging light is dimly lit red, very occasionally blinking brighter then it dims again but never goes off.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it still happens in there. If it doesn't, then it is something on the phone. App, other stuff, etc., that is the cause.

If, however, it happens in "Safe Mode" then it is likely a problem with the tablet itself and it would have to be looked at.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

14LuvMusic

Great
Mar 23, 2019
Nope still going, I also turned off my alarm clock and "eye comfort" and even after having the pad turned off for several hours the light still glows whilst it's off.
No worries I'll get it looked at , thank you both for your help.